New job INDUSTRIES GENERAL SUPERVISOR ( ACI) in Rhode Island
|INDUSTRIES GENERAL SUPERVISOR ( ACI)|
INDUSTRIES GENERAL SUPERVISOR ( ACI)
Company : State of Rhode Island
Salary : $63,483 - $84,736 a year
Location : Rhode Island
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To be responsible for the operation of the several production shops in the correctional industries program at the Adult Correctional Institutions; and to do related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of a superior with latitude for the exercise of independent judgement and initiative; objectives and policies are determined in consultation with a superior or reviewed by the superior on their inception; work is reviewed upon completion for results obtained.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Plans, organizes, supervises, evaluates and reviews the work of industries personnel and inmates.
- To be responsible for the operation of the several production shops in the correctional industries program at the Adult Correctional Institutions including such matters as: production control; inventory; maintenance; shipping and receiving; and personnel.
- To be responsible for the requisition, storage, disbursement and inventory of all the necessary tools, equipment, supplies and materials for correctional industries shops.
- To assist in the preparation and presentation for the annual budget and to be responsible for its execution and control on a daily basis.
- To be responsible for the training, instruction and supervision of inmates in there job assignments.
- To monitor the production and insure quality products and customer satisfaction.
- To participate in the development and implementation of new industries programs and to appraise their potential and cost effectiveness.
- To insure the proper health, safety and security of all staff and inmates working in the production operations.
- To prepare specifications for the purchase of materials, supplies and equipment.
- To insure proper tool control, in accordance with appropriate security policies and procedures.
- To do related work as required.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND CAPACITIES: A thorough knowledge of the practices, techniques, tools, materials and machinery utilized in the operation of several production shops in a correctional industries program; a working knowledge of shop practices including safety measures; the ability to supervise the work of operations staff and inmates; the ability to maintain control of storage, requisition, disbursement and inventory of tools, equipment, supplies and materials; the ability to prepare reports detailing production and analyzing effectiveness; the ability to work closely with staff members and inmates working in the industries production program; and related capacities and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Such as may have been gained through: graduation from a senior high school; and
Experience: Such as may have been gained through: employment in a responsible supervisory capacity in a public agency or private industry engaged in various manufacturing activities.
Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
The ability to read and explain electrical, data and furniture installation drawings is preferred. Also, the ability to schedule all deliveries and installations is preferred.