New job HR Manager in New Hampshire
Company : CRH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Hampshire
Job ID: 312620
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of CRH, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
The Manager of Human Resources is responsible for developing a high-engagement culture to help drive business success and build relationships with business partners in a collaborative environment. He/she must be able to think strategically, execute tactfully, and demonstrate strong judgement and handle the most complex and sensitive issues. This individual will serve as the HR management expert providing leadership, communications and oversight to ensure that the business is in compliance with federal and state regulations. This position will support Pike-West (New Hampshire and Vermont) and work closely with the HR Team to provide a high level of customer service through the organization.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organizations to be successful
- Attracts & Develops Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meeting current and future business needs. Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shares objectives.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relations and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with stakeholders ranging from hourly employees to executives.
- Oversight of employee relations issues (terminations, performance issues, complaints, lawsuits, discrimination, conflict, counseling, etc.) Counsel employees and/or managers as needed regarding personnel issues.
- Assist with the annual performance evaluation & salary review cycles (goal setting, mid-year coaching and year-end reviews). Provide salary information & guidelines to managers.
- Develop staffing strategies to attract top talent, improve bench strength and market Company as a “Best in Class” employer.
- Develops and implements key recruiting strategies with both university and vocational tech recruiting
- Assist in identifying and creating development plans for exempt level employees including high potentials and successors.
- Ensures compliance with all legal and government reporting regulations affecting the human resources function (EEO, Affirmative Action, FMLA, ADA, etc.). Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Acts as primary contact with legal counsel and outside governmental agencies.
- Ability to work independently and get work done through others using effective influencing skills, delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Business Administration, or comparable discipline; 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in recruiting and performance management.
- Proven project management skills, including facilitation, organizational skills, indirect management, and ability to hold parties accountable for results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SuccessFactors and Korn Ferry/Lominger a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Literacy in computer applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Experience in training and development preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend a majority of his/her time an office setting. Travel into the field and other office locations for meetings may be required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What CRH Americas Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.