New job HH-60 Special Mission Aviator/Flight Engineer in Alaska
|HH-60 Special Mission Aviator/Flight Engineer|
HH-60 Special Mission Aviator/Flight Engineer
Company : Gauss Management Research & Engineering
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alaska
Description: The HH-60G FCF Special Mission Aviator/Flight Engineer supports/performs Functional Check Flights (FCFs), Operational Check Flights (OCFs), maintenance flight tests, Acceptance Test Profiles (ATPs), and aircraft recoveries or deliveries IAW T.O. 1H-60(H)G-6CF-1 and T.O. IH-60(H)G-6CL-1, as appropriate.
FCF flights are required after certain repairs have been completed to ensure the aircraft is airworthy and mission capable. FCFs are very time consuming and detailed.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- System checkout during ground and flight operations and post-maintenance Functional Check Flight (FCF) as required.
- Perform other ground runs and maintenance flights as directed by the RQS/CC and support post-modification flight test activities as directed by the SPO, ACC, or MAJCOM.
- May be requested to accompany USAF personnel on deployments to perform FCFs and related tasks.
- May be tasked to perform instructional duties to support USAF personnel with basic aircraft currency (i.e. takeoff/landing, instruments and emergency procedure training) or basic FCF qualification training.
- Perform specific maneuvers during daylight visual conditions with a minimum of a three-man crew (two (2) pilots and one (1) engineer) that will permit the evaluation of all aircraft systems.
- Night flights may be conducted under nighttime visual flight rules and visual meteorological conditions to evaluate cockpit night vision imaging systems lighting.
- Ferry flights may be conducted under day or night Instrument Flight Rules are authorized.
WHY WORK FOR GMRE?
GMRE is a small veteran owned company who cares about each employee. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and life insurance to all permanent full-time employees. GMRE is a trusted and reliable partner with our Government and industry customers, known for performance and integrity, and focused on providing competent and cost-effective capabilities to our clients. GMRE has a deep commitment to our core values about our work, family, achievements, and community.
GMRE is an equal opportunity employer. GMRE complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Previously qualified USAF HH-60G 1A1X1/1A9X1 (Flight Engineer/Special Mission Aviation) with at least 1000 hours of total military flight time.
- Successful completion of a formal USAF aircrew qualification-training course and as required by AFI 10-220.
- Personnel previously USAF instructor qualified shall maintain instructor status IAW AFI 10-220.
- 10 years directly related professional/military HH-60G experience. At least 7 years progressive responsibility in performing flight operations, FCFs, and related tasks.
- High level of HH-60G systems knowledge and expertise, including detailed knowledge of the FCF process and AFTO 1H-60(H)G-6CF-1 and TO 1H-60(H)G-6CL-1.
- Previous HH-60G FCF experience.
- Previous experience and rotary wing maintenance enlisted specialist or liaison. (Desired)
- Previous experience rotary wing maintenance/enlisted specialist. (Desired)
- FAA Class II medical flight clearance.
- Must have a minimum of an active U.S. SECRET clearance and be subject to a government security investigation.
- Must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information and COMSEC material.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position for meetings, trainings, and/or site visits.
- Position will travel up to 2-3 weeks/ year out of state and overnight to fulfill contract requirements.
Job Type: Full-time