New job General Manager in Utah
Company : RK
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Utah
Responsible for overall construction of projects within budget, on schedule and in accordance with established policies and procedures of RK Mechanical, Inc. Responsible for management of Business Unit(s) and/or Operation Group(s) processes and procedures, including project required Pre-Construction, Planning & Preparation, Execution & Control, and Closeout with full P& L responsibility for the projects located in the assigned region.
What you’ll be working on:
- Develop a strong sales presence in the Utah market with the ability to build relationships both upstream and downstream.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations of Business Unit/Operation Group Managers and their Teams as needed.
- Develop relationships with new partners and clients as well as provide support to existing ones
- Actively research project opportunities through publications, personal relationships with existing and prospective customers, networking, attending customer events, and participating in industry organizations.
- Schedule and attend client meetings to generate new business leads and expand industry network.
- Develop and foster long term relationships with owners, developers, real estate professionals, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Presents monthly report on performance to the Business Unit Senior Leadership
- Review Business Unit Bidding/Pending/New Projects List and follow-up with award and staffing issues.
- Assist in management needs associated with Estimating and bid closings.
- Ensure Pre-Construction Planning Meetings are conducted for business unit projects.
- Ensure bid estimate work units are quantified and confirmed to match contract work units, and that accurate original budget is developed.
- Ensure prompt review and processing of Business Unit Contract and Subcontract Agreements.
- Ensure material/equipment/fixture management plan is developed, implemented and monitored, including process of requisitions, buyouts, submittals, CAD, release, pre-fabrication, fabrication, status tracking and delivery coordination.
- Ensure business unit required billings are accurately and timely completed, and that payments are collected on or before due dates.
- Ensure business unit change condition work is accurately and timely priced, submitted, processed and collected.
- Coordinate work and communications between departments as necessary.
- Provide necessary training, mentoring, coaching and leadership for business unit/operation group personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews of staff, and employee warnings and/or counseling as required.
- Ensure labor resource loading and productivity tracking are implemented updated and analyzed on a weekly basis.
- Ensure business unit monthly cost projections are accurately and timely completed.
- Provide monthly business unit summary reports to VPO.
- Maintain and improve owner, general contractor, engineer and vendor relations.
- Solicit suggestions from staff members on improving procedures, productivity and efficiency. Forward suggestions to the VPO.
- Ensure post-construction closeout meetings are conducted for business unit projects.
What is expected of a Director of Utah Operations:
- Company Leader.
- Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Plays a role in company business strategy development and execution.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Expert in field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
How you make Safety your top priority:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, site specific orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 30.
Denver Business Journal
- #1 Denver-Area Mechanical Contractor 2014- Present
- #6 Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Company: X-Large, 2019
- #7 Denver-Area Corporate Foundation, 2020
- #7 Denver-Area Manufacturing Firm, 2020
- #14 Denver-Area Healthiest Employers, 2020
- #16 Largest Denver-Area Private Employer, 2020
- #22 Denver-Area Private-Sector Employer, 2020
- #23 Denver-Area Corporate Philanthropists, 2020
- #8 Top 200 Private Companies List, 2020
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) - Rocky Mountain
- 1st Place Specialty Contractor Award of Excellence- Ascent Union Station
- 2nd Place Specialty Contractor Award of Merit- Pike Peak National Cemetery
- Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC)
- “Platinum Level” Company in STEP Safety Management System
- Platinum level ratings or higher from the ABC STEP program for nine of the past twelve consecutive years
Colorado Manufacturing Awards
- RK Mission Critical- CMA Building and Construction Manufacturer of the Year
Colorado Workforce Development Council
- 2020 Colorado Apprenticeship Program of the Year, Employer
Engineering News Record
- 2020 ENR Mountain States Specialty Contractor of the Year
- 2019 Colorado Project of the Year Winner- Gaylord Rockies
- 2020 Office/Retail/Mixed-Use, Award of Merit: Financial House
- 2020 Cultural/Worship, Award of Merit: Denver Art Museum Sie Welcome Center
- Top 40 and highest ranked Mechanical Firm in Colorado on ENRs Top 50 Firms in Mechanical, 2020
- #8 Top 20 Firms in Sheet Metal, 2020
- #19 Top 20 Firms in Steel Erection, 2020
- #95 ENRs “The Top 600 Specialty Contractors”, 2020
Associated Builders and Contractors
- #16 Top 200 Performers, 2020
- #2 Top 20 Plumbing/HVAC Contractors, 2020
- #5 Top 30 Electrical Contractors, 2020
America Heart Association
- Gold Level Employer