New job GENERAL CLEANER in Mississippi
Company : ABM Industries
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Mississippi
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Cleaner.
This position is responsible for performing general cleaning and sanitation of workspace, floors, fixtures, furnishings, and general upkeep of assigned work area following established policies and procedures. Specific tasks may vary, therefore, must be flexible in performing assigned duties as outlined below:
- Ensure that all assigned areas are cleaned and sanitized according to departmental procedures. This includes dusting, mopping, vacuuming, spot cleaning carpets, washing walls, furniture, and fixtures.
- Remove waste and rubbish from the premises to designated area.
- Empty, and damp-wipe all ashtrays, screen all sand urns and supply and replace sand, as necessary.
- Vacuum all rugs and carpeted areas in offices, lobbies, and corridors.
- Sanitize and polish all glass furniture tops.
- Clean and sanitize common surfaces including doors, door frames, around light switches, private entrance glass, and partitions.
- Wash, clean and sanitize all water coolers.
- Sweep, with broom, all private stairways, and vacuum if carpeted.
- Police stairwells and clean or damp mop spillage.
- Damp mop or clean any spillage in office and public areas as required.
- Damp dust telephones.
- Dust all picture frames, charts, graphs, and similar wall hangings.
- Damp dust all ceiling air conditioning diffusers, wall grilles, register and other ventilating louvers.
- Damp dust the exterior surfaces of lighting fixtures, including glass and plastic enclosures.
- Keep slop sink rooms in a clean, neat, and orderly condition.
- Dust and/or wash all directory boards as required, remove fingerprints and smudges.
- Clean and sanitize entrance door glass inside and outside.
- Properly clean and buff tile floor services as needed.
- Comply with social distancing requirements and safety guidelines published by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), OSHA, or similar agencies as ordered by federal, State and local governments.
- Associate must wear all provided and necessary PPE in accordance with position and OSHA requirements.
- Follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
Category: Cleaning and Janitor