New job Employment Specialist in South Dakota
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $19.70 an hour
Location : South Dakota
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the South Dakota Department of Labor (DLR). For more information please visit https://dlr.sd.gov/.
The SD Department of Labor and Regulation, Mitchell Local Office, has an Employment Specialist opening. An Employment Specialist would include working with a combination of the following programs:
- the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) under the U.S. Department of Labor;
- the Re-employment Services program in conjunction with Reemployment Assistance Division;
- the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment & Training programs in cooperation with the SD Department of Social Services;
- the Jobs for Veterans State Grant under the U.S. Department of Labor, Veterans Employment & Training Services.
All programs administered by the SD Department of Labor and Regulation are designed to enhance the participant's ability to increase skill levels and obtain meaningful employment.
Employment Specialists will:
- complete assessments to identify job skills as well as factors that limit potential employment opportunities;
- provide individualized case management and counseling services to assist participants in removing barriers to employment;
- develop employment plans, monitor program compliance, and coordinate services with resource agencies in the community;
- implement job development and training opportunities for participants with various barriers to employment;
- document all case management activities in detail.
- work with area businesses to post openings, promote DLR training programs, and develop long-term working relationships.
Licenses & Certifications:
Valid Driver's License is required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- a degree from an accredited college or university is preferred;
- a National Career Readiness Certificate or NCRC. Silver level preferred. For more information on how to acquire an NCRC contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service office.
- it is very important for candidates to be able to use a computer and have specific knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, possibly Access, and have the ability to work with various software programs;
- ability to communicate in either the Spanish or Karen language in addition to English would be highly beneficial and should be documented on the application;
- a degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.Leadership ability a plus.
- case management, interviewing and counseling techniques;
- marketing techniques to employers and human resource professionals to build effective working relationships;
- labor market and economic conditions in a local area;
- employment programs and community services;
- principles of human behavior and motivation;
- local educational, social services and support services offered in our community;
- program eligibility requirements.
- effectively work with program participants who may have barriers to employment;
- build and maintain effective working relationships with employers, program partners and co-workers to work towards participant success.
- build effective participant developmental plans and accurately maintain all required documentation, notes and follow up;
- follow all program rules and regulations, keeping up with required changes;
- use all technology available to manage communication and follow up with participants, program partners and co-workers;
- develop and maintain relationships with participants, program partners, employers and co-workers;
- teach Job Search Assistance classes as needed;
- communicate information clearly;
- maintain accurate records;
- effectively speak to individual and or small groups of participants or employers about program services
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach your resume and cover letter
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Save To Job Cart