New job Drug Court Coordinator in South Dakota
|Drug Court Coordinator|
Drug Court Coordinator
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $24.07 an hour
Location : South Dakota
Agency: Unified Judicial System, Fourth Judicial Circuit
Salary: $24.07 per hour
Closing date: September 27, 2021
For more information on the Unified Judicial System, please visit http://ujs.sd.gov.
This position is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the drug court by ensuring compliance with the key components and philosophy and providing local leadership, oversight, and management to the drug court team. Duties may include:
- functioning as a member of the drug court team by discussing participants, contributing ideas, and recommending action, and committing him or herself to the program mission and goals and works as a full partner to ensure success;
- acting as the contact point between the community and the court to ensure program effectiveness and success;
- recommending competent and informed treatment providers to ensure appropriate treatment;
- creating interagency linkages to address client’s ancillary needs in the areas of medical, housing, employment and vocational skills planning;
- working with team members from treatment, community supervision, and law enforcement to create standards for program compliance;
- distributing cases, coordinates court appearances, and manages information in order to monitor workload;
- working closely with the Judge to ensure policies are followed, participants’ needs are addressed, and program standards are met;
- working in conjunction with the Chief Court Service Officer (CCSO) and other team members to prepare financial reports and summaries to inform team members of financial status;
- performing other work as assigned.
Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, criminal justice, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation is required for employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- addiction, alcoholism, and pharmacology and effective treatment techniques;
- presentation techniques and tools;
- drug court programming;
- community resources that offer substance abuse treatment and counseling;
- criminal justice and court system and procedures;
- interpersonal communications with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds.
- prepare written documents and reports;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with outside agencies, legal professionals, participants, the general public, and the courts;
- persuade others to participate in the drug court initiative and philosophy;
- effectively manage team members from diverse disciplines, in a non-adversarial way, to achieve maximum results;
- solve problems efficiently and effectively;
- communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
The State of South Dakota, Unified Judicial System does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The Unified Judicial System as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
You may view our benefits information at https://ujs.sd.gov/uploads/pubs/Come_work_for_us.pdf.
Apply at: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=FI7
Unified Judicial System
500 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Save To Job Cart