New job Dispatch Supervisor in Oklahoma
Company : Ferguson
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Oklahoma
If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Dispatch Supervisor. If you have an interest in warehousing and logistics than this is the position for you!
A Dispatch Supervisor's responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Supervises a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation
- Accurately enter data into databases or other computerized systems to maintain up-to-date transportation records and to track the status of orders and deliveries
- Work with the warehouse manager to build plans for significant improvement in processes, systems and policies to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs
- Lead, motivate, direct, evaluate, reward, discipline and develop a team of delivery professionals
- Responsible for communicating with drivers daily on route progress, changes, issues
- Responsible for communicating with sales associates daily on issues, late deliveries, amendments to route, local pickups, etc.
- Responsible for communicating with customers daily on delivery statuses
- Plan, direct, and monitor transport and distribution activities so that the organization’s goods and materials are transported safely and cost-effectively and that they arrive at their destination on time and in good condition.
- Responsible for maintaining truck and route files for DOT compliance, IFTA compliance, company compliance and accountable to enforce for all DOT, IFTA, OSHA and FEI policies
- Track and organize truck maintenance with local provider
- Maintain driver personnel files and keep them in compliance
- Orchestrate last minute additional runs via our truck or courier
- Liaise with area and branch managers to coordinate transport and distribution schedules with their current and anticipated demand for goods and materials
- Conduct regular meetings and participate / present in the warehouse manger meetings
- Minimum of High school diploma/GED
- Experience in shipping preferred
- Well organized
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook required
- Out of the box thinker with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work well under pressure and problem solve
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: medical (two plans to choose from), dental, vision, disability, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick, personal, and floating holidays), recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Information