New job Director of Development in Montana
|Director of Development|
Director of Development
Company : St. Vincent Healthcare
Salary : $84,656 - $130,000 a year
Location : Montana
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Director of Development for St. Vincent Healthcare Foundation.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
You’re equally comfortable with developing long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donor interests, passions and values, writing proposals, overseeing fundraising projects, stewardship, and board and committee support.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898, and our 30-clinic network ensures community needs are met. We offer comprehensive, specialty care, including a “hospital within a hospital” specifically for children, and are proud to extend SCL Health’s missions by treating the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement savings plan.
As a Director, you would receive additional benefits including reimbursement for tuition, cell phone, professional dues and subscriptions. To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we may also offer a sign-on or retention bonus and relocation assistance when applicable.
With this position, you are eligible to participate in the Philanthropy Compensation Plan. This plan enables SCL Health to provide philanthropy leaders with an additional performance compensation opportunity. The award opportunities are calculated as a percentage of your base salary. Awards are paid out based on attainment of selected SCL Health Board-approved goals.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Director of Development you need to know how to:
- Work closely with the Executive Director of the Foundation to develop and implement strategy for individual major gift donor relationship management (manage, nurture and upgrade) to meet short and long-term strategic goals.
- Manage external relationships throughout the fundraising cycle including Proposal Writing, Stewardship, Board Management Support and Committee Management.
- Develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donor interests, passions and values.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of Saint Vincent Healthcare and the Saint Vincent Healthcare Foundation.
- Develop strategic funding requests based on short, intermediate, and long-term funding goals of the Foundation and of the Hospital for high net worth individuals ($10,000+).
- Act as the primary relationship manager for individual and private foundation prospects of $10,000+ to reach and exceed annual funding goals.
- In coordination with other team members, assist in all stewardship related initiatives including donor recognition/naming opportunities, the acknowledgement letter process, the annual stewardship mailing, etc.
- Work with physicians and hospital associates to identify grateful patients who may be prospective donors.
- Develop major gift materials including briefing memos, proposals and stewardship materials, often in conjunction with Foundation team members.
- Support the Executive Director in recruitment, leading, and engaging a volunteer Board of Directors.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree preferred. CFRE preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a measurable and accomplished fundraising position. Major gift fundraising preferred. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Superior writing, editing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Grant writing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to: manage numerous complex tasks simultaneously; anticipate and meet deadlines; use time effectively; problem-solve independently in a small staff atmosphere; and function in an often stressful and quick turn-around environment.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as situations warrant, including donor meetings, events, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with widely used business management software programs (e.g. Microsoft and Google) as well as donor database programs; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
Your next move
Now that you know more about being a Director of Development on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.