New job Covid-19 Test Site Registration Staff in Washington
|Covid-19 Test Site Registration Staff|
Covid-19 Test Site Registration Staff
Company : King County
Salary : $51,542 - $65,333 a year
Location : Washington
There is an urgent need to expand COVID-19 response across South King County.
In response to the on-going Covid-19 crisis, we are looking to fill multiple positions that may last up to six months as a Customer Service Specialist III in our Covid-19 Testing Programs. These positions will serve as the first point of contact for King County residents who are seeking Covid-19 Testing.
High-volume Community testing sites have proven to be a customer friendly/cost effective method for achieving this goal. Public Health – Seattle & King County (PHSKC) is collaborating with a variety of local area organizations to ensure a sufficient number of high-volume sites are in operation, particularly in areas of need like South King County. These sites are expected to be open up to seven (7) days per week and to operate at least eight (8) hours per day. Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) outlined by the CDC will be provided - including mask, gloves, and appropriate social distancing.
WHO MAY APPLY: These hourly positions are open to the general public, as Term Limited Temporary (TLT) positions, and to all Career Service, Career Service Exempt, and other regular (non-temporary) employees in King County who have completed their initial County probation period, as a Special Duty Assignment. **You must have supervisor approval prior to taking a Special Duty Assignment. First review of applications will begin on 9/20/2021.
This TLT is currently anticipated to last up to 6 months. However, funding sources for this work remain uncertain and dependent upon decisions actively being made at both the federal and local levels. As a result, the end date of this position may be adjusted based on those decisions. The County and the Department continue to work to secure long term funding sources.
WORK SCHEDULE: These positions will work part-time, however, additional hours may be available based on operational needs. Employees must be available to work full eight to ten-hour shifts. Shifts are available Monday through Sunday; 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Employees will be expected to work at least some Saturdays and willingness to adjust their availability if the test site adjusts the hours of operations. This position is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible.
WORK LOCATION: Auburn test site at the Boeing property on 2400 Perimeter Road, Auburn. Work location might be variable as additional vaccination and testing sites in South King County are identified.
- Register drive-thru patients; assist individuals seeking COVID test as appropriate; follow data security protocols, review and audit online paperwork to ensure completeness; request, verify and/or change customer information for proper test administration; and collect and record insurance information as appropriate.
- Engages directly with customers to ensure they are eligible for requested/scheduled service, correctly entered in the system, collects information to ensure appropriate data processing and that communication regarding results will be sent to the patient within 24 – 48 hours after testing.
- Provides information regarding the COVID-19 testing and vaccination program explain the process and answers frequently asked questions.
- Matches drive-up patients to their virology paperwork and/or labels.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints; researches problems; resolves and reconciles discrepancies; prepares documents to make adjustments and corrections when errors are detected; and refers customer service requests to appropriate personnel for disposition and/or follow-up as required.
- Updates and maintains accurate account information and customer records in computerized customer information/database systems by inputting new information and changes; and maintains statistical records and generates reports as required.
- Follows all safety protocols, wears assigned personal protective equipment and decontaminates workstation as required.
- Identifies which cars coming into the site require registration
- Balances traffic across lanes by directing traffic,
- Supports the work of the parking enforcement positions by signaling to traffic if the site is full.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
- Demonstrates experience in delivering exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a stressful, fast-paced work environment with competing demands and frequent interruptions, while adapting to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Prefer a minimum of one year of clerical experience involving customer service, public contact and/or experience in a billing process (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience, which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
- This work is fast-paced and requires the ability to troubleshoot technology and data entry problems.
- Most of the work will be performed standing and walking outdoors and in heated tents. Applicants should be prepared to stand for long periods of time.
- Skill in following oral and written instructions.
- Skill in working independently.
- Skill in working in a team setting.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles-we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
This directive applies to employees in the Executive branch*, the Assessor's Office, Elections, the King County Sheriff's Office, and the Executive Office.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
You must completely fill out the application with your relevant education and work experience.
The selected candidate must be able to pass a thorough background investigation.
For more information on our selection process, please refer to www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/jobs/hiring. For tips on interviewing, please visit www.kingcounty.gov/~/media/audience/employees/learning-and-development/Interview_Tips
Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time and obtaining required immunizations
Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
Staff may be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours.
If you need a disability accommodation in the application or testing process, please call the contact number listed on the job announcement.
Union Membership: This position is represented by Protec 17.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following items are required to be considered for this vacancy:
- NEOGOV/Government Jobs on-line or paper application;
- Responses to supplemental questions;
- Two-hour practical interview process will be scheduled for 9/28 and 9/29 or by other arrangement.
CONTACT: For questions about this recruitment, please email Molly Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.