New job Contracts Officer in Montana
Company : State of Montana
Salary : $53,000 - $60,000 a year
Location : Montana
Why should you keep reading and consider working here?
We know you have other work options, but we ask you to consider working with us at the State of Montana Department of Administration (DOA). Our foundation of success is having effective working relationships, built on mutual trust and respect. We will challenge you to be the best you can be and will work hard to provide a work environment that allows you to succeed. (You can learn more about the DOA here.)
A Little About Our Business
The State Procurement Bureau is located within the State Financial Services Division. We administer a cost-effective, professional procurement and contract administration program for the State of Montana by ensuring fair competition, maximizing the purchasing value of public funds, and providing leadership and services for innovative, responsive and accountable public procurement.
What is this career opportunity?
State Procurement is looking for an individual with excellent communication and problem-solving skills to join our team. We are interested in an individual that is experienced in procurement but also open to someone that is passionate about learning and growing in this role. This position mentor’s other agencies in procurement procedures, conducts solicitations for goods and services, and provides contract oversight and management of all assigned and on-going contracts.
…In short, you would help State agencies follow State law to buy the products and services they need. If you excel in communication, problem solving and facilitating conversations, you may be the person we are looking for!
(You can learn more about State Procurement here.)
What are we looking for?
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Communication, or related field; OR
- Associate degree in Business Public Administration, Communication, or related field and two years’ experience in technical writing, research, or project management;
- Alternate combinations of education and experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Conduct research, system analysis, and data gathering analysis
- Learn the theory, principles, practices and techniques of government contracting
- Learn the State of Montana's procurement process, administrative rules, and federal procurement rules and laws
- Work and effectively communicate with diverse levels of management and stakeholders
- Establish objectives and priorities based on goals and general direction provided by management
- Identify problems, emerging issues and trends, and establish strategies to address them
- Mediate and resolve disputes
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and manage time effectively
Does this sound like you? Please tell us how and why by submitting your resume, cover letter, and three professional business references. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to join our team to work in this position. (Please Note: You do not need to complete the “work experience” or the “education & certifications” portion of the application process in our recruiting system. You only need to upload the requested documentation.)
What can you expect from us in return for your work with our agency?
- Look here to see the additional benefits! They include:
- Work/life Balance
- Health Coverage
- Retirement plans
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave and Holidays
- And more…
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Employment with the State of Montana may qualify you to receive student loan forgiveness under the PSLF. Look here to learn more and see if you may qualify!
Other important information to be aware of.
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Only online applications are accepted. By applying online, you are able to receive updates and monitor the status of your application.