New job Confined Space Entry Technician - EPT North Slope in Alaska
|Confined Space Entry Technician - EPT North Slope|
Confined Space Entry Technician - EPT North Slope
Company : Arctic Slope Regional Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alaska
Consolidated Company Overview
ASRC Energy Services, LLC (AES) is part of the Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC) family of companies. ASRC is a private, for-profit corporation that is owned by and represents the business interests of its approximately 13,000 Iñupiaq shareholders. As the largest Alaskan-owned company employing over 12,000 people worldwide, ASRC and its subsidiaries are poised for the next era of growth with continued dedication to provide maximum benefit to our shareholders.
We’re proud to be named the Best Company to Work for in Alaska by MSN Money, 24/7 Wall St. and Zippia for 2019 and the recipient of the prestigious ConocoPhillips 2019 and 2020 Supplier Recognition Award for Focus on Execution. Employing over 2,000 employees across our subsidiaries, AES is an service provider of choice in the energy industry. Our exceptional service quality and safety record sets us apart from our competitors. Our business purpose is to find solutions for a sustainable future, and we accomplish that by living our “ASPIRE” values, which stand for:
- Absolute Integrity: We do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do
- Safety: Safety is our foundation – we bring it everywhere we go
- People First: We take care of our people, and our people will take care of the business
- Iñupiat Heritage: We believe in “one crew, one journey” and honor the values of our founders as we develop the future
- Resilient Family: We encourage the right balance, and cultivate strong relationships with our clients and colleagues
- Exceptional Service Quality: We deliver excellence by focusing on client needs and continuously improving our performance
Why You Should Work For Us
Our employees are our most important resource, so we seek collaboration across the organization, and value everyone’s contribution. Our employees are part of the solution for a sustainable future for the benefit of our shareholders, employees, families, and our communities. Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a company like ours, and be a significant part of our business purpose? If so, keep reading.
Start your career with AES, and ASPIRE with us.
Exploration and Production Technology (EPT) - EPT provides provisional, ad hoc, and embedded staffing necessary to meet in –office and field needs.
Confined Space Entry Technician
The Entry Technician provides technical rescue standby for customer projects including confined space rescue and technical rope rescue, as well as first aid and CPR.
- Assists in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with client's standards.
- In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport.
- Supervises some safety functions such as rigging up of safety equipment, general gas monitoring functions, and other confined space attendants.
- Maintain knowledge to calibrate equipment and check to ensure equipment is in proper working condition.
- Assists in assessing potential hazards and drafts a Confined Space Rescue Preplan and a Rescue Safety Analysis.
- Identifies and communicates potential hazards to all affected parties.
- Determines hazard controls and emergency contingency plans.
- Ensures required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order.
- May conduct general air quality monitoring and make recommendations for hazard control or personal protective equipment based on the interpretation of this data.
- Conducts daily job briefings with customer and workers.
- Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is maintained.
- Renders first aid and CPR training.
- Follows handling, inspection, cleaning, and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment to be in a constant state of readiness.
- Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
- Reports daily to direct supervisor to determine the scope of work and assistance needed.
- Promotes safe job performance while monitoring project activities
- Monitor areas for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions
- Implement client specific safety plans, and recommend work practices compliant with OSHA guidelines.
- Perform gas monitor field calibration
- Perform confined space attendant function as needed.
- Maintain breathing air systems.
- Assist with emergency First Aid as required.
- Other duties will be assigned to this position as needs require.
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
- Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have at least three (3) years of related work experience
- Must have the ability to work in a team and supervise entry personnel.
- Must possess critical reasoning skills and be capable of effectively applying them in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with petrochemical, municipal, or industrial safety equipment industry required.
- North Slope Training Cooperative certification required.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry and in the arctic environment preferred.
If you are a Shareholder looking for exciting training opportunities within AES Click here to Apply and Search for a Nutaaq position!
ASRC Energy Services, LLC (AES) is proud to offer a competitive benefits package aligned with our core ASPIRE values. Our benefits are designed to attract and retain the best talent. Our total rewards program supports the health and well-being of employees and their families.
What We Offer:
We offer comprehensive medical plans through Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan (FEHB).
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (DCFSA)
- We offer two comprehensive dental plans
- We offer two quality vision plans through VSP
- 401K plan up to 4% match with immediate vesting
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- All employees and their household have access to our EAP program
Additional Supplemental Insurance:
- Universal Life Insurance
- Short – and Long – Term disability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Pet Insurance
- Legal services
- Identity Theft Protection
- Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance through AFLAC
- Tuition and CDL reimbursement opportunities
- Development opportunities through our ASPIRE Academy
To learn more about our full suite of benefits visit our benefits page
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
A pre-hire post offer Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) will be conducted to determine an employee’s ability to safely perform to the job standard. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MOBILITY: Must be able to access all areas of the job site
- HEARING: Must be able to hear audible safety alarms
- VISUAL ACUITY: Must be adequate to perform above listed essential duties in a safe manner and take hand signals from ground man or flagman.
- RANGE OF MOTION: An objective range of motion measurement will be conducted and recorded during the pre-hire/post offer FCE.
Note to all current employees:
It is recommended that all current employees inform their managers when they apply for new positions as leadership will be notified of current employees applying for posted positions.
A candidate must be able to meet the following non-exclusive requirements:
- Meet the AES Driving Records and Motor Vehicle Use Policy.
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test which may include both UA and hair testing.
- Meet the physical requirements of this position including working in a remote location under arctic conditions.
- Required to take and pass a Fit-For-Duty Exam
- Required to complete and successfully pass a background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an access badge for the work location.
The availability of this position is contingent upon the Company’s continued operational needs once training is completed.
If you need any assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact AES Human Resources at: 907-334-1688.