New job Communication and Community Outreach Specialist in Michigan
|Communication and Community Outreach Specialist|
Communication and Community Outreach Specialist
Company : Oakland Community Health Network
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
Title: Communication & Community Outreach Specialist
Starting Salary: $ 43,325
The Communications and Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for the management, development, and production of various media tools used for education and dissemination of information, internally and externally, for OCHN services.
- Participate as a member of the Communication’s team in developing and implementing strategies to support the communication needs of various internal initiatives specific to OCHN services.
- Coordinate and plan events that promote independence, knowledge, and recovery for persons receiving services.
- Cultivate and maintain meaningful and professional relationships with people receiving services, service provider agencies, community partners, OCHN team members, and local government officials when necessary.
- Identify and develop relationships with new community contacts and organizations to pursue outreach engagements.
- Develop and implement promotional plans for new outreach opportunities.
- Identify and coordinate outreach activities and necessary materials at community and health events.
- Attend community and health events to distribute OCHN services information.
- Support communications team with scheduling and delivery of public mental health education presentations pertaining to OCHN services.
- Organize staff and other resources in the participation and the support of select community events and activities.
- Collaborate with communications team in maintaining website content and design.
- Write and distribute press releases and newsletter articles related to OCHN programs, services, and events.
- Write and develop social media content.
- Assist OCHN leadership in managing crisis situations, network changes / business matters, and overall public mental health issues, including advocacy and policy changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline preferred, including graphic design work, producing visual and written publications, public relations, communications, and/or research tasks.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Have at least five (5) years of experience with InDesign, journalism, communications/speech, or related area.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to articulate a complex service system while establishing positive rapport with individuals in need.
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency with Word, Excel, database, and other relevant software programs.
- Demonstrates high level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle a high volume of relatively complex assignments accurately and timely.
- Demonstrates organizational skills needed to establish office procedures and maintain files and records.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill in graphic design practices and using graphic design software, including InDesign or similar programs.Core Competencies
(Applicable to all OCHN Job Classifications)
- Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization; maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles. (Integrity/Building Trust)
- Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships, recognizing that the ultimate customer is the individual served. (Customer Focus)
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. (Continuous Learning)
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence in addition to consciously adopting organizational standards of excellence. (Work Standards)
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. (Communication)
(Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
- Must have available means of transportation to and from OCHN and for required offsite meetings or site visits.
- Must be available for meetings and events which may occur outside of standard office hours.
- Work performed primarily in an office environment.
Job Type: Full-time