New job Claims & Service Representative in Ohio
|Claims & Service Representative|
Claims & Service Representative
Company : Ascensus
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ohio
Chard Snyder, an Ascensus® company, is a top national third-party administrator of benefit solutions including Savings & Spending Accounts, COBRA, billing, document services, and FMLA leave administration. We provide expert benefits administration for employers of all sizes, ranging from a few employees to over 400,000. Chard Snyder delivers value to our clients and plan participants through a personal approach, flexibility, smart technology, and compliance focus. Our knowledgeable team provides dedicated personal service that makes life easier for all our stakeholders.
Chard Snyder, an Ascensus company located in Mason, OH, is a leading third-party administrator of employee pre-tax savings and spending accounts and benefit continuation services. We're helping employers provide their employees opportunities that empower them to make their earned dollars go further in the areas they need most to care for their families.
Our Claims and Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. We're seeking an individual to work full-time from 11:00am to 8:00pm ET.
The Claims and Service Representative position is responsible for claims review and processing for account-based employee benefit plans such as health reimbursement arrangements (HRA) and flexible spending accounts (FSA), and for related customer service to participants. The representative provides explanations regarding HRA and FSA benefits and plan provisions to participants, client contacts and internal team members. The representative provides excellent customer service by interacting with internal team members, clients and participants through phone calls and email, and supports efficient administration of plans and department practices.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Examine, review, process, calculate and pay claims in a timely manner based on claim information, plan design, insurance filings, documentation and reports
- Review and interpret Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) and itemized statements from various insurance carriers and healthcare facilities/providers
- Comply with plan document provisions, regulations, guidelines and company procedures
- Assist claimants, participants, clients or other designated contacts with trouble-shooting, problems or questions via phone or email
- Enter claims information into system and verify accuracy for processing
- Maintain confidentiality and keep department, client and participant HIPAA compliant
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of employee benefits plans and Chard Snyder service offerings
- Maintain relationships through answering first line of phone calls and emails from participants and clients in a friendly, courteous, professional and timely manner Interact with department team members regarding claims
- Scan documents using copy/scan machine
- Provide administrative department support and team assistance as needed
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, and further applicable education or equivalent experience. Associate degree in a related program preferred.
Six months prior work experience in an office environment. Two plus years prior work experience in an office environment and with tax-advantaged accounts and benefit plans, insurance, and/or claims preferred.
Ability to handle stressful situations regarding urgent customer needs.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction and decimals, and calculate percentages.
Ability to read workplace rules and procedures, speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
Knowledge of tax-advantaged accounts and benefit plans, insurance, and/or claims.
Ability and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel applications and claims processing or benefit card systems.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.