New job Buyer in Idaho
Company : State of Idaho
Salary : $22 - $26 an hour
Location : Idaho
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho/jobs/3228078/purchasing-officer. If you meet the Purchasing Officer qualifications, please apply under that announcement. The successful candidate in this position may be offered a position as a Purchasing Officer after completion of various types of on-the-job training and paid certification (typically one to three years based on your qualifications).
This permanent classified position also includes a comprehensive benefit package including: PERSI Retirement Benefits, Medical/Dental Benefits and Life Insurance for both the employee and eligible dependents. Paid time off includes vacation and sick leave that begin accruing immediately upon hire and Holiday pay.
- Determines product and equipment requirements
- Prepares specifications and selects vendors
- Prepares and issues formal bidding documents
- Reviews departments bid/award recommendations and determines solutions to conflict
- Authorizes sole-source procurement and emergency purchasing within purchasing authority
- Determines contract terms and conditions
- Proposes solutions to broken contract terms
- Researches market to identify new products or equipment
- Analyzes equipment products and services using life-cycle costing, weighted-value, and value-analysis methods
- Interprets State Purchasing Code for department personnel
- Advises departments on purchasing procedures
- Corresponds with vendors and department personnel regarding purchasing problems
Good knowledge of: Purchasing methods and procedures; contract preparation and development; life-cycle costing principles, value analysis, and weighted-value methodology as used in evaluating bids for a wide range of commodities and services.
Experience: Preparing and evaluating specifications for products, equipment, and services; interpreting and applying governmental codes or other controlling policies, rules or regulations; applying value-analysis criteria to products, equipment, and services; and operating a personal computer using word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
This position will also interact with a diverse customer base and must be able to interact in a non-partisan manner when working in political environments.
If you have questions about this position please contact us at:
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.