New job Budget Specialist I in Wyoming
|Budget Specialist I|
Budget Specialist I
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $21.40 - $25.37 an hour
Location : Wyoming
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Budget Specialist who will analyze and monitor budget availability on transportation projects for the agency, including balancing and budgeting for expenditures and determining correct budget obligation and distribution.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4467
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Creates and maintains project budgets.
- Verifies accuracy of project funding reimbursement requests from federal, state, local, and private entities in accordance with the budget.
- Creates encumbrances for awarded contract amounts and maintains budget availability according to required project funding revision forms.
- Processes project authorizations to awarded contractors and engineering consultants.
- Assists with state active and inactive projects and supports the completion of agency project finals.
- Assists with analyzing, obligating, and releasing funds on agency projects in accordance with the available budget.
- Schedules statewide budget training for the agency's programs.
- Issues monthly budget reports agency-wide.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations relating to budget matters.
- Exercises judgment in resolving fiscal problems.
- Analyzes budgets and reports for accuracy and specific information.
- Assists in statewide budget training.
- Knowledge of computers, spreadsheet and word processing applications, PeopleSoft and WOLF's.
This position takes place in an average work environment.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT-Support Services - Budget
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.