New job Applications Support in New Jersey
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
CIB Technology Resiliency Management - Vice President
The Technology Resiliency Management team is responsible for ensuring that JP Morgan's Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Technology demonstrates, and improves, the resiliency of its applications. Our team interacts with our partners in Application Development, Corporate and Global Infrastructure teams. The CIB business relies heavily on having stable and resilient applications to be able to provide clients and governments with a first class service, all the time. Our team understands regulatory requirements, drives company policy and engages with support teams to ensure that the 1000+ applications design, build, test and, in an incident, execute recovery plans efficiently and effectively.
- Support execution of the CIB Business Resiliency strategic agenda, partnering closely with global stakeholders and the Firmwide Business Resiliency team.
- Support planning, execution and post event activities of planned and un-planned business resiliency events, including work transfers, displacement and remote work.
- Develop a cohesive and effective partnership with various technology and business groups.
- Proactively manage business resiliency risks to incorporate appropriate mitigations and controls.
- Support the migration to the new business resiliency data management system (ERMA).
- Assess applications and technology platforms to identify risks that can disrupt and impact business
- Reporting of planned Resiliency Testing and Test Results.
- Liaise with Application Development, Production Management, Firmwide Business Resiliency and other stakeholders to assist with Audits.
- Provide Executive level reporting and commentary to support key KRIs and Audit requests
- Dealing with Technology partners to ensure they understand and are compliant with Resiliency Testing Requirements
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities:
- Strong technical background, able discuss and understand Application, Database design patterns as it pertains to resiliency.
- Change Management - the ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving environment and to effectively manage effects of change to people, structure or technology
- Initiative - self-motivated, able to realise the need for change and seek feasible solutions.
- Analytical thinking - thinking through problems or situations in a systematic way
- The ability to effectively communicate in a collaborative way, ensuring understanding and maintaining audience attention.
- Decision making - able to identify, assess and select different courses of action
- Relationship building across functions and geographies to expand influence and knowledge
- Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills
- Flexibility to work well both as an individual and as part of a team
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Experience in an investment banking Regulatory, Compliance or Operational team is desirable
- 4 to 6 years of IT-Business experience and related management experience (with or without direct reports in charge)
- Business acumen: The individual developed his career in large to very-large regional or worldwide companies, in a multi-cultural environment. Banking/Financial Industry background is a plus.
- Technology acumen: Demonstrates experience in Disaster Recovery, ideally coordinating DR drills or having participated in any of its phases: design, execution, validation/testing; is familiar with diverse Failover/Failback strategies; past experience in Technological roles (e.g.: 3 to 5 years as platform administrator)
- Business Resiliency, Operational & Crisis Management experience preferred
- Knowledge of compliance, audit, risk and operational management concepts
- Experience using RDMS (Resiliency Data Management System) would be advantageous.
- Cloud experience would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of dealing with Third Party vendors and TPO would be advantageous.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans