New job Residential Logistics Support in Alabama
|Residential Logistics Support|
Residential Logistics Support
Company : Chugach Government Solutions
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alabama
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the standard for first-class business services in the global market, and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, and more!
Responsible for providing a safe and positive living environment that delivers guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program in compliance with government and management directives.
Essential Duties Job Functions
- Conducts morning room clearance – Involves visiting rooms on different wings of the dorm multiple times, documenting students who are not out of the dorm on time.
- Conducts room scoring – Process of evaluating and grading each of the beds in the rooms for cleanliness and organization.This lengthy task is quite active and involves lots of walking up and down stairs.It also requires lots of focus and a high level of attention to detail to properly evaluate student living areas.Process also includes entering room scores into computerized database, as well as calculating average monthly scores for each room and individual student.
- Enters student case notes to document performance in the dormitories.
- Sets up success plans for students not meeting dorm expectations.
- Answers phones, responds to radio and lets students in and out of the dorm during the training day.
- Supervises students in the dormitories and performs regular hourly security checks.
- Communicates and corresponds with staff through use of emails.
- Provides appropriate interventions with students as necessary.
- Maintains the computerized lock database.
- Welcomes new students into dormitories and completes appropriate input paperwork for new students.
- Enters weekly work hours into electronic timecard system.
- Teaches a cleaning class required for new students entering the program.
- Updates flyers and bulletin boards regularly.
- Submits electronic work requests for needed maintenance projects.
- Completes health and hygiene inspections in student rooms.
- Performs room staffing in student rooms.
- Maintains dorm master log during the day shift.
- Orders supplies as needed through center logistics department.
- Organizes and cleans bathrooms and storage areas as needed.
- Assists with file audits and property inventories.
- Attends pass down meetings with Swing shift staff and Graveyard staff.
- Communicate effectively.
- Packs out students leaving the program.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of Center staff and students.
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Previous experience with Job Corps program
- Previous experience within a residential youth program
- Associate’s degree in counseling, social work, rehabilitation, or related field.
- Two (2) years working with youth.
- Ability to obtain & maintain valid Driver’s License.
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with Public Law 93-638.