New job Health and Protection Data Specialist in New York
|Health and Protection Data Specialist|
Health and Protection Data Specialist
Company : International Rescue Committee
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
Requisition ID: req19705
Job Title: Health and Protection Data Specialist
Sector: Violence Prevention and Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
- Conduct a mapping of existing tools, frameworks, guidance and trainings, and good practices on protection monitoring and data collection, assessment, and analysis approaches within the health sector.
- Undertake formative consultations to ensure the project’s work best engages the needs and capacities of IRC and protection and health program staff of other NGO stakeholders, as well as identified CSOs engaged in protection and health data collection and analysis.
- Guided by the mapping exercise, use the IRC/GPC Protection Analytical Framework as a starting point to identify information needs and recommended data sources (across health, protection, access, safety and security data) for identifying, understanding, and responding to risks to healthcare, emphasizing a focus on supporting integrated response design and data-informed advocacy.
- Based upon mapping findings and the identification of the analytical framework, adapt and finalise a protection monitoring toolkit inclusive of health data sources and process for program teams and CSOs.
- Develop suggested indicators for tracking progress towards desired health/protection outcomes.
- Work with PRoL Technical Advisors and IRC Country Teams to support testing and roll out of protection monitoring guidance with health data enhancements for inclusion in health and protection data analysis and visualization.
- Work with HDX Data Manager to develop harmonized modalities for analysis, visualization and reporting on the combined health/protection/access/safety data set to support improved data-informed advocacy activities as well as response design.
- Participate in relevant task teams and working groups within the Global Protection Cluster (including the Information and Analysis Working Group) to enable sharing of learning and incorporation of recent tools and approaches for protection analysis.
- Ensure strong coordination and collaboration with the project’s advisory group, existing Protection Information Management, and Information Management and Analysis stakeholders.
- Creation of a Protection Monitoring guidance and training package, inclusive of health data sources
- Elaboration of a Health and Protection Analysis Framework, training on use and SOPs
- Field testing of the resource package and training material with existing country teams and partners (locations TBD)
- Work: Previous, progressively responsible experience within the humanitarian sector, ideally in conflict contexts. Prior experience working with in the field of protection information management and developing protection analysis at an operational level required. Experience working in diverse settings / contexts and at both the field and global level.
- Familiarity and previous experience related to attacks on health care is a huge added value.
- Education: A relevant combination of academic qualifications and extensive experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Language: For this position, fluent oral and written English is essential. Additional French/Arabic language skills preferred.
- Proven experience in designing and managing protection monitoring programming and in applying protection analysis tools and structured analytical techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information management, analysis workflows and analysis levels
- High level of familiarity with coordination mechanisms, protection norms, standards and understanding of a holistic approach to protection and multisectoral collaboration towards protection outcomes, and the ability to incorporate these into operational and technical solutions
- Experience with health data and/or programming desirable
- Understanding of and openness to human centered design approaches.
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate trainings, ideally remotely
- Proven experience developing guidance and training materials
- Understands existing and new technological solutions for information management in humanitarian contexts; experience working with and developing data technology, visualization and analysis tools
- Excellent communication - written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations across diverse stakeholders in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect or diversity
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate diverse issues simultaneously and to develop clear goals, establish priorities and allocate time and resources appropriately