New job Business Manager, Executive in Wyoming
|Business Manager, Executive|
Business Manager, Executive
Company : University of Wyoming
Salary : $54,600 - $60,000 a year
Location : Wyoming
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives .
Executive Business Manager
Manage, direct and supervise the business and fiscal operations of a designated area; manage and perform business and complex accounting functions; manage special projects; develops and sets policy and procedures.
- Manage, direct and supervise the business and fiscal operations of a designated area including budgeting, expenditures, and long-range fiscal planning.
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of complex financial reports; perform complex accounting functions; participate in meetings concerning financial aspects of a designated area.
- Conduct special fiscal studies; analyze data and make financial projections; determine needs and make recommendations for fiscal and human resource management.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of government, University and specialized regulations and policies, which impact personnel and fiscal affairs of the designated area; provide and apply interpretation of regulations and policies.
- Manage and maintain the daily fiscal affairs for a designated area including processing purchase orders and vouchers, coordinating activities with other University departments, outside agencies, and organizations and processing payroll, accounts payable, and receivable.
- May have responsibility for taxes and investments; may work with multiple-funding sources.
- May assist in projects to determine computer program update and modification.
- Develop policies and procedures and methods of operations for designated area.
- Perform pricing, cost and contract negotiations, as directed.
- Act as liaison to departments, campus administration and outside agencies.
- Attention to Detail
- Individual Leadership
- Meeting Membership
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Work Prioritization & Management
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position is eligible for up to 50% remote work and/or a flexible work schedule.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
- Business practices, financial reporting, and cost projections.
- Finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Budget management and planning.
- Analyze budgets and expenditures ensuring compliance with fiscal policies, accountability, reporting and funding requirements.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Balance and reconcile accounts following accounting policies and procedures.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/