New job Weatherization Energy Auditor in Rhode Island
Weatherization Energy Auditor
Company : Community Action Partnership of Providence
Salary : $40,000 - $43,000 a year
Location : Rhode Island
CAPP, working in partnership with the community, provides culturally competent supportive services and programs to Providence County residents in need to promote their achievement of economic self-sufficiency.
CAPP ensures individuals' dignity while reducing poverty, revitalizing communities, and empowering low-income individuals and families to become self-sufficient. We do this by creating economic, educational, and other opportunities and providing a wide range of programs and services that drives real change. CAPP mobilizes resources directed to eliminating poverty; and educating the public on poverty and community revitalization issues.
Energy Auditors are responsible for conducting comprehensive and precise residential home energy assessments in accordance with utility and Government standards. Energy Auditors are tasked with educating clients about how to make their homes safer and more energy-efficient.
Reports to: Director of Energy & Housing Stability Programs
Supervision of staff required: None
Job Duties: Include the following
- Conduct home energy audits in residential homes, entering attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Conduct combustion safety testing and infrared scanning to evaluate existing conditions and recommend energy efficiency improvements.
- Install instant savings measures such as compact fluorescent lamps and other energy-saving devices as defined by funders.
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and measurements and enter them into the Hancock Energy Software database.
- Interact with homeowners, tenants, and contractors regarding energy efficiency and prepare detailed and accurate work orders for each audit.
- Promote and encourage the adoption of energy-saving measures recommended in the home energy assessment.
- Conduct Audits in compliance with Standard, Funders, Best Practices, Program Rules and Regulations
- Read and be Familiar with standards outlined in the RI WAP/IES Technical Support Manual
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a BPI Building Analyst Certification within six months of employment. Willing to Train.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, OSHA – 10 Certification within six months of employment.
- Must obtain QCI Certification within two years of obtaining BPI and must maintain certification for the duration of employment with CAPP
- Must obtain a Heating Professionals Certification within one year of employment and maintain certification for the duration of employment at CAPP
- Experience working with low-income clientele
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Ability to exert physical effort in light to moderate work involving lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling; ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; ability to climb and balance.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to calculate decimals and percentages; ability to perform mathematical operations with fractions; ability to compute discount, interest, profit, loss, ratio, and proportion; ability to perform operations incorporating geometric principles.
- Have the ability to understand reference books and manuals, including building codes, computer handbooks, topographical maps, building manuals, program manuals, estimating manuals, architectural drawings, etc.
- Must maintain the integrity of confidential employment, client, and business information.
- Ability to accurately record and deliver information, meet deadlines, maintain the confidentiality of restricted information.
- Maintain complete organized and accurate files for all assigned tasks and program areas, ensuring that the files comply with all Federal, State, and Agency guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to attend required pieces of training.
- Must lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Required: Possess an excellent ability to speak and write in English to communicate information about the home energy assessment and its findings.
- Preferred: Possess the ability to speak and write in Spanish and/or other languages.
- Required: Basic computing skills required, including email, word processing, spreadsheets, database entry, and report generation.
- Required: Must have the ability to help customers sort through their home energy options. For example, convey to the client the options they have regarding energy use, carbon reduction, and health and safety for the home's inhabitants.
- Non-Exempt Full-time position 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $43,000 with increases for experience and state-mandated certifications
- Full Benefits Package available
- May required a vehicle suitable to transport large weatherization equipment and tools (mileage will be compensated)
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance
- BCI - Background Criminal Check required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Although applicants with certifications will be given preference, the agency is willing to support obtaining needed certifications.
Community Action Partnership of Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please forward your cover letter, resume, and two references (2PROFESSIONAL preferred or 1 PROFESSIONAL, and 1 PERSONAL).