New job Virtual Engagement Associate in New York
Virtual Engagement Associate
Company : Morgan Stanley
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
Virtual Engagement Associate
POSTING DATE: Jul 19, 2021
PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-United States of America-New York-Purchase
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's Degree
JOB: Wealth Management
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Business Development and Training organization within Wealth Management focuses on the strategy and day-to-day management of Business Development, Product Distribution, and Field Engagement to assist Financial Advisors in better serving client needs. Business Development and Field Training is comprised of Sales Managers, Product Specialists, Internal Product Sales Desks, and a Home Office team committed to supporting the growth and overall success of Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors. Additionally, Business Development and Training works closely with Senior Management across Firm functions as well as Global Partners to coordinate and drive the Firm’s growth initiatives.
The VEA role is a unique opportunity to prepare and develop the skillset for a career in the Wealth Management segment of financial services. VEAs will work in a centralized location to provide virtual support to Financial Advisors. They will focus primarily on generating operating leverage and faster growth through the consistent deployment of digital tools that disseminate relevant content and analyses to clients and prospects.
Virtual Engagement Associates will leverage Morgan Stanley’s state-of-the-art tools on behalf of experienced Financial Advisors, helping them develop their business and increase client engagement. If successful in the role, VEAs will have the option to transition into the three-year Financial Advisor Associate (FAA) Program.
- Use the Firm’s digital tools on behalf of Financial Advisors to enhance client relationships and generate increased business.
- Drive adoption of the Goals Based Wealth Management strategy with Financial Advisors.
- Manage Financial Advisor’s digital presence via channels such as Social Media and FA Websites. Tasks would include (but not limited to) initial set-up, monitoring metrics, and updating / posting new content.
- Publish client newsletters, created from pre-approved content, on behalf of Financial Advisors to create consistent communication catered to specific audiences.
- Proactively analyze client relationships and make recommendations to Financial Advisors on how to supplement the client experience.
- Establish, maintain and support strong working relationships with their Financial Advisors. Demonstrate accountability and a strong work ethic to promote confidence and trust in their work.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least three years professional experience in finance, business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, or other business-related field.
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam required, Series 7 and 66 preferred, required within 3 months of joining the desk.
- Possess exemplary communication, presentation and time-management skills.
- Stay organized, focused, and highly disciplined. Be able to keep track of simultaneous competing needs of their assigned Financial Advisors and execute on all necessary actions in a timely manner.
- Seek constructive feedback and coaching from both the VEA Desk Manager and Financial Advisors, actively using it to improve how they approach future tasks.
- Travel required approximately 20-30% of the time.
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. without durational restrictions.
- Successfully complete background check and pre-employment assessments.