New job UWC First Impression and MSAT Program Coordinator in South Dakota
UWC First Impression and MSAT Program Coordinator
Company : Augustana University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : South Dakota
Position Type: Part-Time
Department: Enrollment, Financial Aid and Athletic Training
Augustana University invites applications for the position of part-time UWC First Impression and MSAT Program Coordinator. This shared position offers 25 hours per week, operates August 1st through May 31st, and has a typical schedule of 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
As a First Impressions Coordinator in the University Welcome Center, you will provide administrative support for the Office of Financial Aid and the Office of Admission, serving as the first line of communication for enrollment services. This role also includes greeting and welcoming guests for all Augustana services housed in the University Welcome Center. You will also provide administrative support to the Master of Science in Athletic Training program by coordinating activities in close collaboration with Program Leadership and internal and external constituents to assure effective and efficient program operations.
The duties, competencies, and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a warm and welcoming environment.
- Greet visitors in a friendly and professional manner - both on a daily basis and at enrollment events throughout the year.
- Answer and direct calls and visitors to the appropriate person or office.
- Assist in coordinating calendars of office staff.
- Stay up to speed on services available to students across campus with the ability to positively engage with the student to determine their needs.
- Provide clerical support for office staff, predominately the visit experience team
- Respond to email correspondence from students and families.
- Run reports and access data in shared database.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to student and family information.
- Office duties to be performed in a co-worker’s absence include: scheduling and coordinating individual campus visits, organizing and executing virtual visits and managing and reconciling outside/private scholarships.
- Assist program leadership with management of the accredited athletic training program.
- Assist with student software (ATrack) to manage students’ clinical training records.
- Maintain students’ academic records for the purposes of accreditation.
- Assist the Assistant Program Directors with coordination of student placements in clinics, including assisting with affiliation agreements, block schedules, and onboarding.
- Administer didactic course evaluations.
- In collaboration with Program Leadership, assure the program meets the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) standards; assist with preparation of CAATE accreditation self-studies and reports.
- Update and maintain official documents, including the program’s student handbook.
- Assist in the admission and recruiting of students.
- Monitor program’s website.
- Work with internal parties on the program’s online application and applications in process.
- Work with the Office of Graduate Education regarding applications.
- Compile applicant data for the application review process.
- Provide general office support in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner to result in in optimum service and relationships with various constituencies.
- Assist with the program’s finances, including, but not limited to, assisting with program orders and expenditures, reconciling purchase card reports, maintaining a current program budget, and working with internal constituents, such as the Business Office on financial transfers.
- Facilitate the logistics of adjunct faculty appointment process for part-time faculty, clinical training supervisors, graduate research project committee members, and other individuals who meet the criteria.
- Supervise accurate and efficient organizational systems.
- Serves as liaison to and maintenance of BOC materials, EAP’s, Clinical Preceptors and Affiliated Sites information.
- Clerical support for the marketing and promotion of the ATP program to include the web site, recruitment packets, Elmen bulletin board, history of program and promotional materials.
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree.
- Excellent office coordination skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently manage physical and electronic files.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze program needs and develop processes and/or systems to best meet those needs.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan and successfully execute plans.
- Ability to interpret technical documents, such as affiliation agreements and accreditation standards.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to new situations and/or challenges.
- Understanding of finances and ability to manage budgets.
- Ability to compose professional correspondence on behalf of program and program leaders.
- Knowledge of marketing to promote the program and provide customer service.
Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate.
Augustana University will continue to monitor concerns related to Covid-19 and its variants in the months to come, and we expect to provide all, or nearly all, of our instruction in face-to-face labs and classes beginning fall of 2021. Applicants for faculty and staff positions should thus be prepared to participate fully in on-campus, face to face experiences in the coming academic year.