New job Transition Specialist, Idaho/Mission 43 in Idaho
Transition Specialist, Idaho/Mission 43
Company : Hire Heroes USA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Idaho
Transition Specialist, Remote
Reporting to the Idaho Program Manager, the Idaho Transition Specialist, Remote, Idaho is primarily a service provider of Hire Heroes USA’s Client Services to active duty service members, veterans and military spouses in Idaho. The Transition Specialist conducts assessments, resume revisions, job search assistance, interview skills training, and workshops. A majority of the Transition Specialist, Remote, Idaho's time will be spent interacting with clients in person, on the phone, or via email, in order to educate the client on effective job search techniques, improve the client’s resume, develop the client’s interview skills, and assist with job placement, when able. The successful candidate should possess career counseling, resume writing, military service or veterans outreach experience. The Transition Specialist, Remote, Idaho will work closely in a team to provide support for events and initiatives with Mission 43, the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation and collaborators.
- Conduct detailed client intakes/assessments over the phone or in person
- Develop a job search strategy for assigned Veterans
- Develop or revise resumes in accordance with Client Service standards
- Identify client job search shortfalls and train accordingly
- Assist with tracking program outputs and outcomes
- Recommend updates and improvements of all Client Services’ training material
- Maintain quality, accuracy, and privacy of assigned client information in the Hire Heroes USA content-management system
- Conduct periodic follow up with assigned clients in order to give additional assistance and remain apprised of their job search status
- Participate in workshops nationwide on or near military installations; instruct, mentor, develop
- Develop knowledge through various certifications, classes, and professional publications
- Work in coordination with Employment Opportunities to match suitable clients with open jobs
- Support organization events and fundraisers as needed
- This position will involve travel within Idaho and the United States up to 25% of the time to support partnered events across the state of Idaho.
- Perform other tasks as directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team, while productively engaging with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Hire Heroes USA
- High energy and passion for Hire Heroes USA’s mission is essential
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple project and initiatives at one time
- Successful candidates will have previously demonstrated uncommon maturity and selfless dedication to a cause or organization beyond themselves
- Previous military experience or transition assistance highly desired
- Applicant must be able to commute to support initiatives in across the state Idaho
All applicants must upload both a cover letter and resume.
About this company:
Hire Heroes USA empowers US military members, veterans and spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-proﬁt organization, Hire Heroes' services are provided at no cost to the client.
Be the Nation’s preferred veteran employment service organization through a relentless focus on personalized career coaching that improves clients’ quality of life and strengthens the US economy.
Integrity, Passion, Effectiveness, and Collaboration
Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Hire Heroes USA has built a national reputation of excellence for empowering U.S. military members, veterans, and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce. As the nation’s leading veteran employment organization, Hire Heroes USA offers personalized one-on-one coaching, professionally revised resumes, mentoring, workshops, a job board, career fairs and more, to tens of thousands of job-seeking veterans annually. Hire Heroes USA prioritizes transparency, earning a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator and the GuideStar Platinum Seal. Funded exclusively through public donations and private grants, we provide our services at no cost to clients.
Hire Heroes USA is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, domestic violence victim status, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other protected factor. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, training, leaves of absence and termination. Sexual harassment or harassment based on other protected group status, as deﬁned by law is also prohibited.