New job Teacher in South Dakota
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $21.49 an hour
Location : South Dakota
Agency: Department of Social Services/South Dakota Human Services Center
Pay Grade: GI
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Social Services at the South Dakota Human Services Center, Yankton, SD. For more information on DSS, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
The incumbent will develop and provide individualized curriculum and teaching methods to students in the Adolescent Services Program. Assure that educational services are being provided and modifications are being made in accordance with home school requests, Individual Education Plans and the special needs of individual students.
Hours for this position are generally 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, but may vary according to needs of facility.
This is an hourly position and is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must be eligible for certification or certified as a teacher in South Dakota with a high school science endorsement preferred.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- techniques applicable to working with adolescents who have special education needs;
- alternative school practices;
- teaching principles and practices;
- basic behavior modification techniques;
- individualized curriculum development;
- individuals with physical, mental and/or emotional disabilities;
- Individualized Education Plans.
- develop curriculum and lesson plans to meet the individualized needs of students;
- work effectively with psychiatric adolescent patients;
- work within a multidisciplinary team to coordinate treatment and educational goals;
- use behavior modification techniques;
- communicate well orally and in writing;
- establish and maintain work relationships with students and staff.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Successful applicant(s) will undergo an abuse and neglect screening. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=ETB
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Save To Job Cart