New job Service Desk Technician II in Massachusetts
Service Desk Technician II
Company : Foundation Medicine, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
About the Job
The Service Desk Technician II will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of IT requests of the business by resolving issues with both computer hardware and software. The technician will respond to user inquiries, assess the issues and troubleshoot to resolve issues and requests. This high-visibility and high customer support position leverages technical and communication skills to provide effective customer service supporting basic employee and team IT system needs both online and in person.
- Provide first-line support for IT related services for employees and clinical lab.
- Perform onsite support and provide follow up to customers.
- Conducts initial level troubleshooting.
- Resolve immediate support requests once assigned.
- Ensure all calls and tickets are effectively managed and owned through resolution and closure.
- Monitor emails, ticket queues and channels as needed to ensure incidents are escalated in a timely fashion.
- Document resolution steps for closed tickets and notes for escalations.
- Provide immediate assistance to Service Desk and Delivery team during major incidents.
- Create and support user accounts.
- Complete new user laptop configuration setup and laptop imaging.
- Setup email on computers and mobile devices.
- Install printers and software on end user PCs.
- Support and troubleshoot system issues related to end-user IT equipment.
- Provide support on audio and visual equipment.
- Perform remote maintenance as needed.
- Provide peripherals and participate in office setups.
- Support and troubleshoot network and software issues.
- Contribute information and articles to be used in the Service Desk knowledgebase.
- Provide continuous improvement in the process and quality of operations.
- Provides high level of customer satisfaction via both On-Line support and Walk Up Helpdesk support.
- Scope of Control
- Managing Tickets – Approximately 60%
- Triaging– Approximately 30%
- Assisting with Projects as assigned – Approximately 10%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field with 2+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function, OR
- High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function
- Microsoft certification(s)
- A+ certification
- Network+ certification
- Experience with Microsoft products with base levels of competency in Windows Operating systems and Office 365 products
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
- Working knowledge and proficient understanding of:
- Active Directory, including password resets
- Enterprise Anti-Virus technologies such as Symantec
- Enterprise Mobile Device Management technologies
- Apple OS X Operating systems
- Network technologies such as Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, Domain Name System, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, and Virtual Private Networks
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Ability to work well with people and strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management, with demonstrated history of these skills in scheduling and ticket documentation
- Strong customer service ethos
- Understanding of HIPAA, and the importance of privacy of patient data
- Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration