New job Senior Buyer in Tennessee
Company : Cubic Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
Job Summary: Negotiates and purchases items, materials or services of a technical or specialized nature, from approved suppliers in accordance with authorizing documents, and within authorized signature authority. Responsible for the more complex procurements in terms of complexity, contract type, risk and dollar amount. Assists Buyers and Associate Buyers with their higher dollar value and/or more complicated commodity purchases as required. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Awards purchase orders up to authorized signature authority, insuring compliance with government and/ or company policies and procedures.
- Evaluates purchase requisitions for materials and services of a technical or specialized nature and confers with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity, quality and delivery dates. Recommends substitutes or changes where cost savings or supportive deliveries will result.
- Keeps abreast of current and developing market conditions. Investigates and interviews new vendors as possible sources.
- Solicits and evaluates quotations and negotiates directly with supplier representatives for best price, delivery and terms.
- Assist with the adjustments with vendors involving replacement of non-conforming materials to purchase specifications.
- Assures that all purchasing documents are maintained in accordance with established procedures and good business practice.
- Follows-up on and expedites orders, as required.
- Develops and maintains all necessary weekly and monthly reports associated with assigned task.
- Supports department goals for minimum vendor delinquencies, timely purchase requisition placement and timely processing of hold tags, rejections, and cost estimating proposals.
- Assists Business Development, Cost Estimating, Contracts and other departments, as requested, to develop proposals for new business.
- Performs spreadsheet analyses and word processing on a personal computer.
- Participates in total quality management, continuous process improvement and ISO 9001 (International Organization for Standardization) efforts.
- Provides guidance to Buyers or Associate Buyers.
- Assists in maintaining procurement computer database and all documentation files.
- May perform other functions as assigned such as: Material planning, systems reviews, new systems pilots, training, etc. Department interface with Program Office and Engineering on new programs. Participation on Process Improvement Teams and Small Business administration
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in related field plus a minimum of four years buying experience. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and/or Certified Purchasing Inventory Manager (CPIM) desired. Prefer past exposure to FAR, DFAR and ITAR. Requires knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to effectively communicate with internal personnel and suppliers. Possess strong written and verbal skills. Ability to read and understand specifications and blueprints, and follow verbal instructions. Ability to evaluate quotations against specifications; negotiate and communicate with suppliers. A keen awareness and understanding of changing market conditions and general understanding of price/cost analysis is preferred. Must be intermediate user of Microsoft Office suite of products.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.