New job Senior Attorney - Government Programs in New Jersey
Senior Attorney - Government Programs
Company : Novo Nordisk
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
About the Department
Legal and Corporate Affairs (LCA) is comprised of our Legal and Patents functions. We depend on our LCA team to help drive growth and maintain the highest level of standards and practices across all of our legal efforts. It’s a tall order, which is why we only hire those who thrive on protecting the interests of our patients, employees and business, all while creating and implementing efficient and innovative solutions. As part of the team, you’ll work with employees across the organization to oversee legal matters and provide guidance on strategies that drive business and policy priorities and shape the reputation of Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI). At Novo Nordisk, your skills, dedication and ambition will help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we’ll offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Provides legal counsel to global healthcare company on relevant issues involving application of U.S. law, regulations, and industry standards.
Acts as counsel for a particular customer group(s) and interacts with headquarters and other affiliates as required. Will interact with government agencies, law firms, trade organizations and other external agencies. May provide guidance and training to less experienced professional and support staff. Reports to the Executive Director – Legal, Market Access, Public Affairs and Legal.
- Provides legal advice to the Company regarding Federal Healthcare Program Compliance, including Government Price reporting to the Federal Government. Works on contracts with government purchasers of the Company’s Products. Advises the Company on all government programs that impact the prices of the Company’s products in the United States. Provides legal advice on the Company’s pricing practices, contracting strategies and any transparency requirements. Advises the company on compliance with the Anti-kickback Statute, the False Claims Act and any similar Federal or State Laws
- Keeps informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the company, and assists with development of policies and training as needed
- Will draft, review and negotiate contracts
- Will retain, manage and assist outside counsel for regulatory or litigation matters as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by senior management
- Proactively identifies risks and mitigating actions
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A J.D. a minimum of 5 years legal experience preferred; some in-house experience preferred; experience within the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- A State Bar admission required
- Strong problem-solving skills - demonstrates and exercises creativity and initiative
- Able to effectively collaborate and communicate with client groups and legal colleagues within the company
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.