New job Safety & Environmental Manager in Arkansas
Safety & Environmental Manager
Company : Hytrol Conveyor Co Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Arkansas
Job Summary: The Safety & Environmental Manager provides strategic direction and leadership for Hytrol's Safety & Environmental Health (S&EH) Team's initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop the overall strategy for continuous improvement for Hytrol's S&EH initiatives
- Lead the efforts of the Safety Team; a team responsible for the development of the strategy, policies, goals, and objectives for Hytrol's various environmental programs
- Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support for all of Hytrol's various facilities and departments on regulatory compliance issues in S&EH
- Understand the chemicals and any/all potential safety and environmental hazards used/present at all sites and take steps to reduce the use of problematic chemicals and to mitigate any potential S&EH health hazards
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for the environmental affairs, design for the environment and safety departments including people, data and budgetary responsibilities, and create one department with a common mission
- Represent the company on various nonprofit boards, government committees and trade organizations as appropriate to support Hytrol's S&EH strategies
- Create and maintain program management systems to ensure that Hytrol's various S&EH certifications, accreditations and compliance efforts are developed and continuously improved
Required and Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Safety & Health, Safety & Environmental Health Management, or related field. Plus 5 years of related experience or training, and 5 years of related management experience. Master's degree in any of the above fields is preferred.