New job Quarry Superintendent in Kansas
Company : CRH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kansas
Job ID: 306224
Holliday Sand & Gravel Company, a CRH company, is one of the leading sand and gravel producers throughout Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Holliday Sand & Gravel Company is a dynamic company known for its causal, team-oriented work environment. We provide opportunities for career growth and advancement to employees at all levels.
Ensures that quarry sites operate efficiently and successfully. Oversees all operations, coordinates production, monitors site systems and hires and develops staff.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Analyze results of plant operations to pinpoint the variances from plans.
- Keep controllable operating expenses within budget allowance while conducting a continuous cost reduction program and being alert for other improvements in plant operation.
- Administer safety program developed in writing by the Safety Department.
- Analyze and correct hazardous conditions.
- Request necessary personnel to staff the plant for the forecast level of operations. Assign tasks, train and check progress of personnel, frequently keeping them advised of their progress.
- Approve and forward all timesheets to payroll personnel.
- Assume responsibility for training a qualified lead person to fill in or replace Quarry Superintendent whenever necessary.
- Maintain properties in good condition and appearance.
- Carry out approved plans for plant rehabilitation and beautification.
- Identify deficiencies and implement a plan for continuous improvement.
- Effectively manage staff by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and providing development through training.
- Ensure compliance with all Company and Government policies and regulations.
- Direct mine and pit planning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- A bachelors degree in Mining Engineering, Geological Engineering or similar is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in operations and engineering as well as significant experience in aggregate processing procedures.
- Must be experienced miner or able to complete required MSHA training within 90 days of employment.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined per company policy.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes and Safety Vest.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements and an understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office and the ability to rapidly learn different software applications.
- Possess strong basic math knowledge.
- Basic surveying and mapping skills are required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to walk or stand greater than one third of the time, or sit no greater than a third of the time
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders to examine equipment at heights.
- Ability to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to wear respirator in workplace conditions containing fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Will work between a standard office and field operations environment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Holliday Sand & Gravel Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.