New job Private Events Assistant in Colorado
Private Events Assistant
Company : Denver Botanic Gardens
Salary : $16.50 - $17.50 an hour
Location : Colorado
Job Summary: This position works as part of the Events Department supporting the Private Events team at York Street by answering event inquiries, scheduling tours, creating event layouts, producing signage, billing and invoicing, and overall support to the department. In addition to the aforementioned duties, this position will also help sales team achieve their revenue goals by supporting those functions plus answering event inquiries and occasionally hosting site visits and opening events. This position requires several forms of communication with the public, including but not limited to talking by phone, computer and in person interactions. Some night, early morning and weekend work may occur.
Career Type: Full-time
Compensation: $16.50-$17.50 Per Hour
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum two years related administrative and/or events experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Vantix ATMS+, Caterease, Microsoft Suite including Teams, Social Tables and Blackbaud Financial Edge is preferred. Must maintain a flexible schedule and be available early mornings, night, weekends and holidays depending on events schedule.
Essential Job Duties:
- Promptly responds to inquiries including but not limited to phone calls, e-mails and drop-in tours. as well as sets appointments for sales team.
- Performs assigned office and accounting tasks including but not limited to, timely process client credit card payments, review vendor invoices and produce check requests, and post event invoicing. Review of outstanding balances with Management and client follow-up for payment.
- Gather accurate event information from sales team and any associated vendors, ensuring files (paper and digital) are up to date and ready for event execution.
- Maintains organization of paperwork including but not limited to paper and digital folders, pre and post event processing, and Teams spreadsheets
- Coordinate Marketing materials with sales teams and Marketing department including but not limited to: writing and submitting creative services forms, checking inventory of current promotional/marketing collateral, periodic review of marketing collateral content to check for any updates needed, continual review on private events website to make sure information is accurate, fresh and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with other Gardens’ departments, including but not limited to Marketing, to obtain content required to update assigned materials.
- Works with sales team to assist in clients’ event layout using appropriate tools such as Social Tables software.
- Produce applicable materials for assigned responsibilities such as signage for events.
- Maintains assigned collateral material, sales office items, and touch-up rooms.
- Manage internal equipment inventory for private events team to ensure each client’s contract needs are fulfilled correctly and if there is a deficit identified, coordinate with rental the company to fulfil order.
Other Job Duties:
- Works aspects of events as assigned including assisting public events
- Assists with physical event set-up/break down when needed
- Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all Denver Botanic Gardens visitors
- Performs other duties as requested by management
Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.