New job Private Event Coordinator - Town Hall in South Carolina
Private Event Coordinator - Town Hall
Company : Town Hall
Salary : Details not provided
Location : South Carolina
In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other’s company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
As Private Event Coordinator you will be overseeing all private events.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to all inquires within a 24 hour window.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain an updated and detailed price sheet of all billable products and services that accurately reflects today’s costs and the company’s profit objectives.
- Negotiate final pricing, prepare contracts and secure customer signatures.
- Collect deposits as required based on deposit schedule set forth by The Indigo Road
- Document final arrangements with clients on function sheet. Obtain all specifications and pertinent information concerning the event, including but not limited to, number attending, schedule of events and menu.
- Regularly review upcoming events function sheets and have thorough understanding of all requirements on upcoming scheduled events.
- Provide special events staff with a copy of each function sheet to gain a thorough understanding of event specifications prior to the function.
- Requisition or obtain equipment and supplies needed for each event, ensuring that they meet customer expectations and requirements.
- Inspect event room prior to the start of each function – check room setup, menu, service staff, etc. conforms to function sheet.
- Greet customers prior to the start of each function and be present throughout the event to assist where needed.
- Periodically check with customer to ensure satisfaction and respond to any requests.
- Continually observe, direct and assist staff where necessary during the entire event. Ensure that all the details as per the functions sheet are performed.
- Prepare and complete and accurate bill to the customer at the completion of the function and collect final payment. If another payment arrangement has been made, have the terms noted on the bill.
- Direct and supervise breakdown and cleanup after the event. Account for all equipment and supplies. Return restaurant items to storage areas. Return or arrange for return of rented materials.
- Responsible for reporting all cash and credit card gratuities received to comply with the IRS standards of reporting income.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of hospitality industry and/or 1+ year of restaurant/banquet/event experience.
- Fast learner who can understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to sit up to 8 hours a day.
- Moderate standing and walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral and written communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Constant computer/POS Register usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the store
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That’s means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.