New job Organ Donation Coordinator in Utah
Organ Donation Coordinator
Company : DonorConnect
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Utah
ORGAN DONATION COORDINATOR
Interested in a fast-paced, challenging, life-saving working environment? Would you like to make a difference, knowing that you have coordinated sharing the gift of life through organ donation and transplantation? If so, come join our highly-motivated Organ Donation Coordinator team! Applicants with a strong critical care background, excellent communication skills, strong task organization abilities, and solid medical knowledge are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates should have strong critical care experience, ideally in the ICU. They should also have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to work independently. This is a great career for someone who loves working in the ICU and wants greater levels of responsibility without giving up the hands-on involvement of working with patients and their families. The Organ Donation Coordinator role includes growth opportunities to further your career as a leader.
The ODC is responsible for all aspects of organ recovery:
- 24-hour on-call functions as assigned
- Coordinates logistics of the donation process
- Creates a positive environment for the donation process within the hospital
- Works with the Family Support Coordinator to obtain authorization and provide support for donor families
- Responsible for medical and nursing management of the organ donor in the ICU, in consultation with the Medical Director
- Matches donated organs to recipients according to the Organ Procurement Transplant Network
- Works with the Surgical Recovery Coordinator on operating room logistics of recovery, preservation, packaging, and transportation of donated organs
- Ensures that all medical/legal documentation is completed in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Occasional private plane and commercial travel required
- Must be able to work well under stress and have excellent communication, critical thinking, and computer skills
- Nursing degree and license
Minimum Experience Required:
- One year experience as a critical care nurse
DonorConnect is a PROUD Equal Opportunity Employer!