New job Multi-Craft Mechanic in Alabama
Company : 3M
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alabama
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative 3Mers.
“At 3M, we excel by combining our talents while leveraging creative and curious minds. This is most impactful when we center our objective at improving the customer experience. It’s a privilege to work for such a great company, with amazing people, and leadership that cultivates a growth-mindset.” – Eric Hammes, executive vice president of Enterprise Operations at 3M.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Multi-Craft Mechanic, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Install, modify and upgrade electrical, electronic, mechanical, and computer equipment
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical equipment, AC/DC electrical systems, PLC’s, HMI’s, motors, controls, VFD’s and related equipment
- Assist in developing plans to correct equipment deficiencies
- Other duties as assigned or necessary
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a high school diploma/GED or higher
- Possess a minimum four (4) years of experience in a multi-craft mechanical/electrical or controls maintenance position OR within the last six (6) months of obtaining a two-year technical degree/diploma in a multi-craft technology program or equivalent with experience
- Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Associate Degree in electrical / mechanical technology
- 4 years of Multi Craft experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance in a private, public, government or military environment
Travel: May include up to [ 0% / 0% ][ domestic / international ]
Relocation Assistance: No
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
This posting is for a Multi-Craft Mechanic position at 3M Decatur. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Multi-Craft Mechanic openings occur at 3M Decatur, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until February 1, 2022. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M. Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties. Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/ 3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.