New job Mechanic B in New Jersey
Company : ARYZTA Careers
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Mechanic B
- Swedesboro, NJ
- Maintain production equipment while running on a product production schedule. Perform electrical and mechanical inspection safely while equipment is in production.
- During equipment down days the Electro-Mechanical Technician will work on the production lines taking care for any corrective, preventive or scheduled repairs in accordance with the company and/or machine vender specification.
- In the event of an equipment breakdown the Electro-Mechanical Technician will work alone or with a mechanic to determine the cause of the trouble, repair and return the equipment back into production in the shortest time period.
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with government codes and regulations, GMP, safety, quality control, company programs and procedures.
- Primarily performs preventive, scheduled or corrective repairs on batching and continuous process control systems, their networks, AC/DC and servo drives, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical components.
- Maintain plant secondary systems for the supply of steam, hot and chilled water, pneumatic air, electrical power, refrigeration, HVAC and emissions control (oxidation).
- Maintain work records in accordance with work orders, backlog and job assignment system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May travel to various locations to purchase parts, attend training or for other duties.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully of problem resolution reports.
- Technical Skills – Uses formal schooling, technical training and expertise appropriate to situation; shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings on time.
- Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Have the ability to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions. Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed. Working knowledge of spoken Spanish preferred.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- AS/AAS degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or equivalent High school/military and practical experience in related field with background in full machine and electrical control system installation.
- Must have ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control systems design documentation and vendor supplied documents including Process &Instrument Drawings (PID), electrical single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical cable, routing and termination , mechanical diagrams and machine layout drawings.
- MATH ABILITY - Ability to perform basic and advance math, convert all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams preferred.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Depending on location, may require various licenses by local, county, state or federal agencies. Requires valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi software and preventative maintenance software preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be standing or walking nearly 100% of the time, including occasional walking on uneven ground. Hand and finger movement is required frequently to manipulate hand tools, parts and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee is expected to frequently carry tools or equipment up to 25 pounds; and to twist, bend and stoop in conjunction with lifting up to 50 pounds with the aid of co-workers. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to occasionally push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders up to 25 feet when repairing roof, light fixtures
- This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to staff, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.