New job Manager, Patient Accounts in Tennessee
Manager, Patient Accounts
Company : Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
The Manager of Patient Accounts is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing healthcare claim billing operations. Develops and implements policies and procedures that relate to claim billing, customer service, and human resource management within Patient Financial Services.Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in patient accounting methods and procedures.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory or leadership experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of UB-92 billing requirements, payer claim processing cycles, knowledge of revenue cycle operations, AR system skills, claim scrubber billing system skills, knowledge of Web MD and payer claim status and eligibility systems, and imaging system skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of managed care contracts and government payment regulations.
- Strong analytical skills essential.
- Demonstrated skills in financial and statistical analysis necessary to examine patient accounting activities and detect/resolve any related issues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, and data.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups of people, including Associates and management.
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and projects and to maintain control of own and others' work flow.
- Ability to work without close supervision or professional guidance and to exercise independent judgment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manages claim billing and follow-up operations by setting goals and objectives and developing strategies for achieving goals; managing staff productivity; and continually striving for optimal operating efficiency through process development/revision, system enhancement, reject/edit/denial management, departmental/interdepartmental coordination; and effective communication.
- Assists the Director in managing annual expenses, planning for budget and investigating cost-saving initiatives.
- Maintains AR Days and Aging Percentages at Goal Levels.
- Maintains appropriate internal controls over accounts receivable and cash receipt functions. Keeps abreast of all reimbursement billing procedures of third party and private insurance payers.
- Manages the inpatient and outpatient charge posting, billing and collection operations, advising supervisors on the day-to-day implementation and interpretation to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Implements controls to insure appropriate submission, billing and payment cycles. Establishes appropriate procedures for follow-up on third party approvals and billings on all overdue accounts. Prepares monthly report of open accounts for submission to Director.
- Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality conscious workforce by hiring, evaluating performance, counseling, training, issuing corrective action, and recommending promotion or discharge of department personnel according to the MH value system.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.