New job Maintenance Technician in North Dakota
Company : ERES
Salary : $20 - $25 an hour
Location : North Dakota
MAINTENANCE & CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN
This position requires the incumbent to work at heights, use hazardous chemicals and materials, undertake lifting of at least 50 pounds and other physically demanding tasks as well as travel across a number of sites/locations. The Maintenance & Construction Technician works as a member of the team, providing services to both commercial and residential properties under the direction of the Asset Services Supervisor.
You must be a motivated individual who takes pride in a job well done and ensures that all cleaning is carried out with a high level of safety and efficiency. As a Company we are committed to achieving high standards for our clients. Punctual, reliable and trustworthy individuals are valued here. Employee are required to perform scheduled and unscheduled cleaning services and may work shifts before and after business hours.
Potential Job Responsibilities:
Preventive/Scheduled Maintenance Programs
- Schedule maintenance to: appliances, boilers, HVAC units, hot water heaters, etc.
- Perform maintenance on all site equipment based on the operating manuals and the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Assemble/maintain separate accurate preventative maintenance records, including: Date of inspections/repairs. List maintenance for each piece of equipment
- Electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, intercoms, circuits, emergency lighting, etc.
- Plumbing repairs such as replacing fittings, clearing stoppages, replacing faucets, etc.
- Miscellaneous repairs of such things as broken glass, tiles, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, locks, etc.
Site custodial work
- Custodial work for the site’s common areas, including sweeping, mopping, buffing, vacuuming, trash removal, window cleaning, etc.
Site grounds work
- Grounds work as needed, including mowing lawns, raking leaves, snow removal, etc.
- Complete renovation of vacant units following Related Management Company’s guidelines within the shortest time possible and in cooperation with the administrative staff
General Site Administration
- Provide feedback concerning any unacceptable conditions in units visited for any reason, including for repairs, extermination, etc.
- Establish and maintain a good working team relationship with the ERES team
Construction - Construction may include but not limited to the following services:
- Framing, Insulation, Drywall, (Tape, texture and finish)
- Floor installation
- Concrete / flatwork
- Tenant improvement buildout
- Perform all work with forethought as to risk avoidance and within the safety of staff and tenants alike in mind
- Notify Direct Supervisor of any incidents or situations that may result in an insurance claim on the site
- Assure compliance with all fire and safety codes and regulations and to make precautionary repairs etc. where risks begin to appear
- Perform or supervise periodic testing/ inspections of all fire alarms, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and private hydrants
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance, construction or related trade is preferred.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and appliance repair.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Professional verbal and written communications.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- General Computer knowledge.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be on-call for responding to after-hour emergencies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
The employee must meet physical demands in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull and/or move up to 150 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is also occasionally required to work both from ground level to 20-30 feet on a ladder or lift. The Technician is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work from various positions.
- Knowledge of and compliance with relevant occupational health and safety regulations and standards associated with maintenance operations and construction services is required
- Perform all activities in compliance with Company Safety policies
- Customer centric disposition; polite and courteous manner and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Conduct
- Ability to read and interpret building and site plans
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must have a valid U.S. Driving License for the state in which services are to be performed; own a reliable vehicle and provide proof of insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Construction / maintenance repair work: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location