New job Fleet Analyst in North Carolina
Company : City of Fayetteville, NC
Salary : $21.63 an hour
Location : North Carolina
A RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN DETERMINING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting for a Fleet Analyst to establish long-term vehicle and equipment utilization and replacement plans for the City’s fleet; prepare technical specifications for vehicles and equipment; coordinate or recommend the selection, procurement, installation, modification, testing, and registration of vehicles and equipment; to coordinate the sale and transfer of the City fleet, managing vehicle and equipment replacement budgets for the department.; to manage the sale of the City’s surplus units for online auction; and to assist with managing, updating, and troubleshooting the FuelMaster software.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the department and for the City; identify resource needs; recommend policies and procedures.
- Receive new vehicles and equipment from dealers; inspect vehicles against documented specifications and maintain records of all inspections.
- Maintain records of warranty work performed; review warranties for vehicles and equipment to determine schedules for maintenance; ensure that maintenance and repairs meet warranty requirements.
- Schedule vendor training for departments on the use of new equipment.
- Meet with customers at all levels to discuss and resolve problems tactfully, courteously and effectively; refer concerns and complaints to supervisor when necessary.
- Analyze problems and identify alternative solutions; project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Compose, compile, prepare, review and present various reports, correspondence and documents of findings and results; maintain related records and files for retention and compliance purposes.
- Assume responsibility for and complete assigned work within established deadlines; advise supervisor of any conflict, which may inhibit departmental obligations.
- Interact with other departments, divisions, and other agencies; ensure information that affects other employees, departments, and/or divisions is communicated to the proper recipients.
- Promote safety awareness by consistently presenting a professional attitude through positive public relations, courtesy, and a general concern for safety rules.
The City of Fayetteville Employee Healthcare Benefit Plan provides comprehensive and affordable health and dental coverage while maintaining reasonable costs to employees. Coverage is available for all regular status employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week. Employees may also choose to cover eligible dependents. The premium is deducted on a pre-tax basis, with the City paying a portion of the premium. Qualifying employees are eligible for benefits on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of service.
Paid Vacation: Employees earn vacation leave beginning the first day of employment, however, they are not eligible to take leave for 6 months. Leave accruals are based upon the number of years of service and the number of hours an employee is scheduled to work.
Paid Holidays: The City of Fayetteville observes 11 paid holidays per calendar year. The approved holidays are New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, 2 days at Thanksgiving and 2 days at Christmas.
Sick / Funeral Leave: Regular employees earn sick leave in proportion to the number of hours they are scheduled to work per week. Sick leave accruals begin the first day of employment. Sick leave can also be taken for deaths in your extended family. Sick leave hours accumulate without limits and may be used toward credible service upon retirement from the NC Local Government Retirement System.
The City assists our employees in securing their financial future during retirement by participating in the Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System, administered by the State of North Carolina. Regular status employees, scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week, become members in the retirement system upon employment. As a member of this system, employees are required to contribute 6 percent of their gross salary on a tax-deferred basis.
To further assist employees in saving for retirement, the City offers two supplemental retirement savings programs. These programs offer employees an opportunity to save a portion of their salary on a tax-deferred basis to supplement their retirement benefit. The programs offered are 401(k) Supplemental Retirement Income Plan and the ICMA 457 Plan.
Realizing that each employee may have different insurance needs, the City offers its employees the opportunity to supplement City-provided benefits by selecting from the benefits listed below. These benefits are offered at employee's expense through payroll deduction:
- Term Life Insurance (Pre-tax basis first $50,000 for employees)
- Dependent Term Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance (Pre-tax basis)
- Disability Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Pre-tax basis)
The first year an employee contributes to the retirement system, the city provides a death benefit of $3,000. After one year as a contributing member of the Retirement System, a death benefit is provided that is equal to the highest 12 months' salary in a row during the 24 months before death, no less than $25,000 and no more than $50,000. There is no cost to the employee for these benefits.
City employees are paid bi-weekly, every other Friday. As an added convenience and safety measure, the City requires all new employees to sign up for direct deposit of their payroll checks.
The EAP is available at no cost to all employees and their household members. The EAP provides confidential guidance on legal, financial and personal issues that could affect your health, relationships and job performance.