New job Field Inspector in Texas
Company : Coastal Gulf & International Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Texas
Description: Job title: Field Inspector
Reports to: Operations Manager
Level: Individual Contributor
Status: Regular Full Time
Performs routine inspection work in petroleum, petrochemical terminals, and refineries; also performs inspection work on board barges and ships following industry standards and the procedures as well as the sampling and transportation of samples to the company’s laboratory and storage facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take product measurements and samples; accurately and promptly; perform related calculations; complete required reports and forms; perform inventories; do non-petroleum or chemical inspection assignments.
- Verify the accuracy of measurement equipment and keep all issued equipment clean and in good condition at all times.
- Perform visual cleanliness inspections of tanks including entering confined spaces.
- Work safely in the presence of hazardous materials as defined in the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Perform other inspection department duties assigned by Operations.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified by Coastal Gulf & International.
- Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas inspection procedures, including Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials transportation, and other safety training required by applicable regulations.
- Inspectors must be ready to accept job assignments at any time, and must be willing to work on an on-call basis.
- Read and understand all job and safety requirements in English.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- Management reserves the right to change job duties with or without notice.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructional and technical materials in relating to
procedures, and safety; and applicable government regulations.
- Write applicable reports and correspondence clearly.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, schedulers and
- Basic mathematical skills include; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio,
percent, and quantities (linear, volume, or weight), and to read and interpolate applicable
data and tables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
- Familiarity with basic computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel
- Inspectors must have a vehicle in good, safe operating condition that can be used on the
job for sample transportation.
- Local travel and occasional out-of-town assignments are required
- Must be able to work in refineries, terminals, and on board marine vessels.
- Must have internal and external customer service skills.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Have a great work history with a track record of being responsible individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TWIC card required.
- IFIA certification preferred.
This position is performed inside and outside weather conditions including extreme heat and
50-75% of Travel is required.
. Requirements: Physical requirements
The working environment and physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 75lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 40lbs, climbing up to 180ft, perceiving color difference, ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted), and strenuous physical activity.
- Office and Field Based position, petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, outof- doors environment, driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, and working in confined spaces.
- Subject to all temperatures, weather, and road conditions. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
AAP/EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin._
Job Type: Full-time