New job Events Coordinator in California
Company : The Charter Oak
Salary : Details not provided
Location : California
DIRECTOR OF EVENT SALES
We are currently looking for an experienced, professional, Events Coordinator to assist in growing relationships and event sales both on and offsite for The Charter Oak.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating private events with our Director of Private Events Sales to ensure deposits are tracked, received, and processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain local and regional relationships within network for private events.
- Communicates regularly with clients, providing information on our private event spaces, site tours, cost estimates, proposals, and contracts.
- Coordinates the execution of restaurant buyouts and private parties, working closely with the Director of Private Events Sales & Service management.
- Facilitates offsite events, coordinating with the culinary and service teams on rental items, team transportation, and any additional third-party vendors.
- Answers daily phone-calls for the restaurant, including but not limited to general inquiries, private event inquiries, reservation requests, food related questions, etc.
- Building private event infrastructure and SOPs, working closely across departments to ensure cohesive systems that can be executed for various private event structures
- Updates private event marketing collateral with regular pricing changes, additional service offerings, and new imagery.
- Identify opportunities for new business that will lead to increased sales, such as upselling services or products to existing events/clients.
- 2+ years’ experience in events, sales &relationship building
- 3+ years’ experience in hospitality
- Works well independently and in team environments
- Experience in reservation software programs such as RESY, Tock, Toast, AllSeated, etc. or quick to learn these programs
- Independently motivated, has strong team working skills, good at multitasking, setting, and attaining long-term goals, and has the ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Strong financial knowledge and tracking, proficient use of Microsoft Suite software is preferred
- Existing relationships and experience working with third party vendors