New job Equipment Operator I in Delaware
Equipment Operator I
Company : State of Delaware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Drives and controls on/off-road equipment to haul supplies to and from the work site. This may include public highway systems.
- Manipulates equipment with integrated mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic systems/controls by coding computers and or adjusting levers, gears, valves, switches and related controls.
- Operates mobile equipment and hand tools to dig, ditch, slope, strip, grade, backfill, mow, and clear and excavate.
- Loads and unloads rock, debris, earth, trees and materials, such as abrasives, de-icing chemicals/hazardous material using hands, loaders, trucks, hand-truck, forklift, dolly-lift and hoist.
- Operates hand tools such as jackhammers, mechanical tampers, power saws, air compressors, hydraulic drivers, and similar equipment to make general repairs of roads, grounds, and/or structures.
- Performs construction/maintenance and repairs in a variety of labor/trades fields such as carpentry, welding, and masonry.
- Responds to environmental/highway emergency situations to control snow, storm water, hazardous debris, oil spills, etc. on roads, grounds and related areas.
- Uses traffic control techniques to control high/low speed vehicular traffic movements.
- Performs preventive maintenance, operational checks, pre, and post walk around inspections, and makes minor repairs/adjustments of assigned equipment; reports damage and /or required maintenance.
- May operate draw and swing bridges to permit both water and roadway traffic to pass safely.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment which includes lubricating, cleaning, and servicing.
- Knowledge of operating a variety of equipment used in repair, maintenance, and development of roads, grounds, or structures such as jack hammers, power saws, air compressors, or hydraulic post drivers.
- Knowledge of operating motorized equipment used for groundskeeping, snow removal, or hauling materials.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Conditions of Hire
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs.