New job Door Attendant in Hawaii
Company : The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Hawaii
Basic Job Function: Responsible for the smooth operation of the Front Service Department; ensures that daily tasks are completed by monitoring, and supporting the Front Service Attendant activities, and works together with the Guest Service Agent to achieve a wonderful arrival and departure experience.
- To greet, welcome residents, guests or patrons of the hotel enthusiastically by providing for their comfort and convenience; opens doors and offers general assistance to guests on arrival or departure; provides assistance to them in entering or leaving a vehicle; helps them with their luggage; secures public or private transportation upon request; coordinates activities of the Front Service Attendant; furnishes information and directions as requested. Assist the Guest Service Agent in answering phone calls. Direct and control traffic at the main entrances to ensure the drive is accessible at all times.
- Supervises, instructs, and monitors Front Service Attendant activity to ensure timely completion of tasks, meal breaks, performance of routine duties, provides information for communication meetings, channels communications between Front Service personnel and Assistant Managers, and keeps up to date of Front Service procedures.
- Maintains driveway traffic flow to allow main hotel entrance accessibility ensuring ample space for passenger and luggage loading and unloading. Prevents entrance of unauthorized or undesirable persons.
- Read luggage tags and provides claim tickets to ensure appropriate delivery. Grasps, lifts, carries and/or otherwise move packages, luggage or boxes from cars, buses and vans, placing packages and luggage onto baggage carts or in secure area for retrieval by front service attendants.
- Responds immediately to customer inquiries regarding hotel features, services and assistance. Provides clear and understandable directions to hotel facilities and nearby attractions. Assists guests with wheelchair requests, etc.
- Greets guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Opens cars doors for arriving and departing hotel customers.
- Secures public or private transportation upon request.
- Explains and assists guest and/or patrons with parking options, including ticketing and parking of valet vehicles.
- Assist Front Service Attendant in inspecting all guest cars for damage.
- Inspects all Elite Limousine transfers to ensure the drivers are following The Kahala Hotel & Resort standards.
- Follow all The Kahala Hotel & Resort Hotel Group Standards in a consistent manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.
- Previous guest experience preferred.
- Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
- CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
- Valid Hawaii State Class III Driver’s license and clear Driver’s Abstract required.