New job CRIME ANALYST in California
Company : City of Stockton
Salary : $5,435 - $6,978 a month
Location : California
MONTHLY SALARY RANGE:
$5,435.22 - $5,713.35 - $6,005.92 - $6,314.21 - $6,638.24 - $6,978.02
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
TENTATIVE EXAMINATION DATE: To Be Determined
The City of Stockton, Human Resources, will be following the COVID-19 Mask Guidelines to ensure the safety of our attendees and staff. If you are sick or having symptoms, please do not attend the examination.
The Stockton Police Department is currently recruiting for the position of Crime Analyst. The ideal candidate will be able to research, gather, compile, analyze and prepare a variety of data from police reports, arrests and intelligence information. The incumbent will work a City of Stockton 9/80 schedule; generally 7:00am-5:00pm Monday-Thursday; 8am-5pm Friday with alternating Fridays off.
Incumbents in this position are included in the Civil Service system, in a "for-cause" employment status, and represented by the Stockton City Employees' Association Bargaining Unit. (Classified/Represented)
These lists may be used to fill future vacancies.
Under general supervision, performs crime research and analysis work in support of police operations and investigations; performs related work as assigned.
- Researches, gathers, compiles, analyzes and prepares a variety of data from police reports, arrests and intelligence information.
- Determines analytical techniques and information gathering processes and obtains required data and information for analysis.
- Prepares periodic crime bulletins for Police Department and appropriate outside agency dissemination.
- Identifies crime patterns, develops suspect information for investigation follow-up and distributes information on crime series and suspects to patrol and investigative staff.
- Conducts criminal history searches on crime suspects.
- Reviews crime and arrest reports with particular emphasis on robbery, auto/business burglaries, sex crimes and theft; develops matrix to determine correlation between series of robbery or rape cases.
- Compiles statistical data for crime analysis section to prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Responds to requests to research computerized data to locate suspect descriptions, crime elements and similar suspect vehicles.
- Matches stolen property with recovered property from arrests and search warrants.
- Maintains records of crime analysis data and reports.
- May provide work direction and review for paraprofessional and/or clerical support staff.
Acceptable Educational Substitution:
Must possess a valid California driver's license.
- Principles, practices, and methods of administrative and statistical analysis;
- Business computer user applications particularly related to statistical analysis and data management;
- Statistical and comparative analysis techniques and formulae; and
- Basic law enforcement organization, activities, terminology and regulations.
- Collecting, compiling and analyzing information and data, evaluating alternatives and reaching sound conclusions;
- Preparing accurate statistical and narrative reports of study findings and making effective presentations;
- Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Maintaining accurate records and files;
- Directing the work of others on a project or day-to-day basis;
- Exercising sound and independent judgment within established guidelines; and
- Establishing and maintaining efficient working relations with those contacted in the course of work.
Applicants who qualify in terms of relevant work experience and education, that best fit the needs of the City, will be invited to participate in the examination process. The examination process may include a written, practical and/or oral examination weighted 100%. However, the City reserves the right to utilize alternative testing methods if deemed necessary. Candidates must receive a minimum passing score of 70%, as determined by the relative performance of all candidates in all portions of the examination. In the event of identical ratings, candidates' names will be arranged in order of application date/time, and, if the same, then arranged alphabetically.
ALL APPLICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED FULLY AND SUBMITTED ON AN OFFICIAL CITY OF STOCKTON APPLICATION FORM. (DO NOT STATE "REFER TO RESUME" ON YOUR APPLICATION OR SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE.) INCOMPLETE AND/OR FALSIFIED APPLICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTALS WILL BE REJECTED AND CANNOT BE REVISED AFTER SUBMITTAL ON OR BEFORE THE FINAL FILING DATE. POSTMARKS, FACSIMILES, AND PHOTOCOPIES OF THE CITY'S EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. RESUMES ARE WELCOMED BUT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ONLY.
The information in this announcement concerning the terms and conditions of employment does not constitute either an express or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.
- After on-line submittal, immediate notification will appear on your screen indicating your application has been received. Please print this notice as proof of filing.
- Notices and correspondence will be sent via email only. No paper notices will be mailed to applicants. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure a correct email address is provided and that correspondence is received.
- NeoGov.com: You will receive correspondence via the e-mail address you placed on your application. Some e-mail accounts have been known to place these e-mails in the spam/junk file. Please check your e-mail folders or accept e-mails ending with neogov.com.