New job Comptroller in Hawaii
Company : HOPE Services Hawaii, Inc.
Salary : $54,080 a year
Location : Hawaii
The Comptroller provides support to the Director of Finance and leads the Finance Office in matters relating to the financial operations within HOPE Services Hawaii, Inc. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and financial reporting. The position requires management of multiple streams of income and expenses from multiple entities including State, Federal, County and Private Investors. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
Reports to: Director of Finance
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Manage the preparation of payroll for personnel
- Complete account invoices, process incoming and outgoing payments, and review payroll and benefits.
- Handle an office's finances, prepare budgets, oversee accounts and statements, generate cost analysis reports, and perform analysis.
- Create and maintain a government agency or office's financial policies, procedures, and reporting systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years high level accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit.
- Minimum 1-year supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, preferably MIP and Quickbooks.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license required.
Other Job Requirements:
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items.
- Entails periodic evening and weekend work.
Starting Pay: $54,080.00