New job Boston Private Tutor Role in Massachusetts
Boston Private Tutor Role
Company : SchoolHouse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Massachusetts
PRIVATE TEACHER FOR A GIFTED 9 YEAR OLD (HOMESCHOOL BASED).
Looking for a dynamic, progressive, energetic, tech-savvy, nurturing private teacher for a gifted elementary school level child (rising 4th grader). Someone energized by high aptitude kids and non-traditional educational methods (Waldorf, Green School, Montessori, World-schooling, Unschooling, Inquiry Based Learning, Project Based Learning, etc). The teaching approach should be experiential, holistic, integrated, and often play/game based. The teacher should be able to adapt to the child's special aptitudes and style of learning. The student is 1-2 years ahead of “grade-level” in most areas. A personalized curriculum should be designed for the child that's fun, engaging, challenging, hands on, while meeting the Massachusetts/common core type standards. The home curriculum will be supplemented with hands-on activities like Lego robotics, music, chess, martial arts, etc. Your job will be to keep the kids engaged in playful educational activities and implement a hybrid curriculum (print, online, experience based, etc. while also keeping up with Massachusetts/ Common-Core type standards).
The family will be traveling abroad for a few weeks in the winter, spring, and
fall to expose kids to new cultures and enhance their education. You should be one who enjoys travel and is flexible and easy to get along with. Ideally be able to travel for a few months at a time but with a base in Boston, MA. Separate accommodation will be provided when traveling. Past travel destinations include Turks and Caicos, Singapore, Africa, Amazon-Brazil, Bali, Thailand, Philippines, Mauritius, Barcelona, Cayman Islands, and India.
Mindsets and Experience
- Passion for education
- Masters degree in education
- Several years of previous teaching experience at elementary or middle school level
- Experience with inquiry based or project based learning
- Experience traveling abroad (should have a valid passport)
- Experienced with the latest technology
- Professional demeanor and excellent organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Familiarity with the wealth of online resources available for homeschooling gifted kids
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude and drive for excellence
- Create curriculum and lesson plans that meet the needs of the students in your Pod
- Teach engaging, rigorous, and relevant lessons daily
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including students, families, and SchoolHouse staff
- Assume a high level of personal responsibility for the students in your microschool
- Respond to the needs of the families and students in your microschool
Benefits and Compensation
- Teachers at SchoolHouse are provided with a generous, full-time salary, oftentimes above the district standard, plus great employer funded travel experiences.
- As a regular full-time employee of SchoolHouse, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental and vision, as well as a retirement benefit package.
If you are that unique, intelligent, and proactive individual who loves teaching bright young kids in a progressive style, please apply! Position starts immediately.