New job Assistant Property Manager – Commercial in Michigan
Assistant Property Manager – Commercial
Company : Bedrock
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Michigan
- 1 year of experience in Property Management required
- Bachelor's degree
- Real Estate Salesperson License
- Some working knowledge of building systems, equipment and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service focused and able to respond appropriately to all tenant inquiries
- Must have a proactive attitude for taking on new projects, coming up with innovative ideas, and designing better processes
- Excellent follow-through in managing tenant issues and administering supervisory responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to support and contribute to a team
- Comfort in being independently driven, modest, secure, intelligently collaborative, an endless need to find a better way and a relentless commitment to service
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Familiarity with Yard or similar property management software Cultural
The Assistant Property Manager supports the property management teams with building condition inspections, vendor oversight, administration of policies and procedures, to manage building operations efficiently. The Assistant Property Manager has duties and responsibilities in property management and administration, along with vendor contracts and tenant relations. They work closely with internal and external partners in Leasing, Accounting, and Tenant Services to clarify vendor requirements and support tenant special events. Primary responsibilities include ensuring the property and common areas are maintained to Bedrock standards.
- Assist with developing and documenting property management procedures
- Maintain accurate Tenant, Vendor and Building records
- Maintain and update the shared database for vendors and tenants
- Communicate effectively with staff members, tenants, vendors, contractors, government offices, property management and senior management staff Property Administration
- Manage all building work activity
- Oversee access and enforce all scheduling with construction, outside vendors and on-site team to ensure normal operations during building hours
- Assist in the day-to-day operational management of buildings and grounds
- Physically inspect and document inspections of buildings within the portfolio daily and report any maintenance and repairs needed to property management teams
- Coordinate service agreements and select contractors/suppliers
- Research and prepare RFPs and bid comparisons
- Review and respond to all property inspections
- Assist in overseeing all maintenance team members Leasing and Lease Administration
- Assist with administration of tenant leases in compliance with lease provisions
- Follow up and report on rent delinquencies for specific tenants as required (EX: QL/TSI) Tenant Relations
- Provide and develop excellent working relationships with all tenants
- Ensure that tenant inquires and complaints are addressed in a satisfactory, timely manner, with follow up
- Work closely with internal partners in Tenant Services and the Events Team to support special events for tenants skills, education and experience
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground-up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock's real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit's technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market, including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank's national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank's regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects, including the Hudson's Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undertaking construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit's Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world's first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph Career Technical Center and the Breithaupt Career and Technical Center to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit's growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock's mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.