New job Assistant Payroll Officer in North Dakota
Assistant Payroll Officer
Company : North Dakota State Government
Salary : Details not provided
Location : North Dakota
This is an exciting opportunity to join our staff of correctional professionals at the North Dakota Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCR). At the ND DOCR, human resources and payroll partner with leaders and team members for the purpose of fulfilling the Department’s mission, which is transforming lives, influencing change, strengthening community. We all work as one toward our collective vision for healthy and productive neighbors, a safe North Dakota.
This position has a competitive starting salary and benefits package to include, state paid family health insurance (no monthly premium!), retirement, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave that begins to accrue on day one, and more. For more information on the state employee benefits package, go to www.nd.gov/ndpers and click on Active Members.
This position is eligible for teleworking! Although there are times where the position may need to be at the traditional office, teleworking is an option.
Summary of Work
This position works closely with the DOCR Payroll Officer and serves a critical role within the ND DOCR. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and willing to challenge the status quo and find efficient methods and processes to increase the effectiveness of payroll and human resources for the DOCR.
- Assistant Payroll Officer for 1,000 temporary, authorized/regular, and non-classified employees for all ND DOCR divisions. This includes significant role in new employee onboarding, backup PERS liaison and assist with employee benefits, reconciling PERS insurance billing, payroll reports, and team member customer service functions.
- PeopleSoft and FileNet Administrator. This position is the backup agency administrator for several PeopleSoft modules, such as Time and Labor, Absence Management, and Talent Management. ND DOCR utilizes FileNet to electronically store all personnel and confidential medical records and this position is the administrator and coordinator for human resources, which requires scanning, shredding, and uploading electronic documents to FileNet.
- Workers' Compensation. Serves as the agency contact for WSI, which includes reporting, annual billing, tracking, and ensuring employees receive workers' compensation benefits.
- Compensation. Assist in providing data and analysis in order to make recommendations on employee pay related to hiring, promotion, equity, etc. Analysis includes creating spreadsheets for comparisons and providing data for legislative and budget requests.
- Records management. This position is the HR division's records management leader, responsible for tracking and purging according to agency schedule.
- Technical. Track disciplinary actions, review and ensure all HR documentation is accurate, agency donated leave tracking, provide data for EEOP reporting, as needed.
- Human Resources. Provide recommendations for agency policy and employee handbook revisions and assist with job offer letters, disciplinary action and pre-action letters, and provide guidance and customer service to managers and employees in all aspects of human resource practices and laws, such as FMLA, FLSA, progressive discipline, benefits and retirement, and paid leave.
Requires at least an Associates degree and four years of experience performing a variety of human resources support, payroll related, or accounting work; or, a high school diploma (or GED) and six years of experience in human resources support, payroll related, or accounting work. A Bachelors degree may substitute for two years of the required work experience.
The successful candidate must be detail oriented, able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and pass criminal background and reference checks.
Prior work experience in payroll or human resources, working with PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
All applications for open DOCR positions must be made via the Careers site. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application materials must be received by 11:59 PM on the closing date listed on this posting. All potential applicants must attach and/or upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (if applicable)
Application materials must clearly explain how experience and education are related to the minimum qualifications and job duties.
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran's preference must upload a Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran's Affairs Office.
Contact Travis Engelhardt at 701-328-6102, email@example.com or TTY 800-366-6888 for more information or assistance in the application or interview process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.