New job Assistant Auditor 1 in Ohio
Assistant Auditor 1
Company : State of Ohio Jobs
Salary : $23.67 an hour
Location : Ohio
Assistant Auditor 1(2100055T)
We want you!
As Ohio's chief compliance officer, the Auditor of State makes Ohio government more efficient, effective, and transparent by placing checks and balances on state and local governments for taxpayers. Click here to learn more about our office!
What will you be doing?
Conduct financial audits of cities, villages, schools, universities, counties, fire districts, townships, cemeteries, libraries, state and county agencies, and commissions. This position is specifically for state government agencies and commissions. Preferred candidates will live in Ross, Pike or Adams County.
Why work for the Auditor of State?
Working for the AOS will allow you to achieve your career goals without sacrificing your personal goals.
- Flexible work schedules and locations
- Rapid advancement opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Tuition and professional exam reimbursement
- Excellent benefits and retirement plan
These are just a few of the incredible benefits that the AOS has to offer you. You deserve a life outside of work and that’s what we can offer!
Educational and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university (Accountancy degree preferred)
- OR successful completion of at least 16 semester hours or equivalent in accounting or related field from an accredited college, university, trade, technical or vocational school beyond high school level
- OR possess at least three years’ experience in accounting or related field per Section117.09 of the Ohio Revised Code
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license.
That’s it! So, if you want to join an agency with a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, rapid advancement opportunities, create your own work schedule, have the option to work from home, have part of your education paid for, and the opportunity to work on behalf of Ohio taxpayers, then the Ohio Auditor of State is right for you.
Please note: We need a copy of your resume, transcripts, and three professional references in order to facilitate moving forward with the hiring process.
The Auditor of State is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, age (40 years or more), ancestry, disability, military status, genetics or veteran status (Vietnam, Desert Storm/Shield, or Disabled).
Knowledge of accounting; algebra; basic auditing*; statistics*; office practices & procedures*; generally accepted government auditing standards & auditing procedures adopted by Auditor of State*; public relations*. Skill in operation of motor vehicle; use of calculator; use of personal computer*. Ability to understand system of accounting procedures; calculate fractions, decimals & percentages; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; handle routine inquiries from & contacts with public officials; interpret variety of instructions in written, oral, picture or schedule form; cooperate with co-workers on group projects. (*)Developed after employment.