New job Administrative Assistant 1 in Pennsylvania
Administrative Assistant 1
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $39,902 - $60,127 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
This position serves as an Administrative Assistant 1 in the Workers’ Compensation Office of Adjudication (WCOA) Resource Center reporting directly to the WCOA Resource Center Manager (Management Analyst 2). Serves as a liaison between internal stakeholders, external stakeholders, WCOA management, other Commonwealth departments, and vendors regarding WCOA policy and procedure and the Workers’ Compensation Automation and Integration System (WCAIS).
This position serves as first point of contact for the Workers’ Compensation Office of Adjudication’s internal stakeholders, external stakeholders, WCOA management, other Commonwealth departments, and vendors regarding WCOA policy and procedure and WCAIS. It also conducts research, cultivates coordination, and makes independent decisions concerning next steps and develops accurate responses to complex inquiries relative to all phases of WCOA operations and functions and implements solutions when necessary. Work is performed with considerable independence and little review.
This position also provides exemplary customer service in accordance with Commonwealth standards and maintains a professional and courteous demeanor at all times and during all interactions while representing the WCOA Resource Center; documents all inquiries in detail, including contact information, the nature of the inquiry, and the resolution; and creates and follows through on all WCOA defects.
- Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM; Monday - Friday; 30 minute lunch
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Such training as may have been gained through graduation from a four year college or university; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Cambria County. If no eligible candidates who live within Cambria County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties will be considered.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.