New job Administrative Aide in California
Company : City of Rialto, CA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : California
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE BEFORE ABOVE NOTED DEADLINE
****APPLICATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 APPLICANTS***
PART-TIME AT- WILL POSITION
LIMITED TO 1,000 HOURS PER FISCAL YEAR (AVERAGE 20 HOURS PER WEEK)
Administrative Aides are assigned to specific departments to provide staff assistance as necessary. Under supervision, completes a wide variety of routine to moderately complex administrative and technical assignments and research in various fields to obtain experience and training in public administration and technical disciplines.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from higher level management staff.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists members of the management, professional and technical staff by performing administrative assignments.
- Collect, summarize, and analyze information and statistics on existing programs and services.
- Participate in organizational and procedural studies and the preparation of reports and manuals.
- Conduct surveys and perform research and statistical analysis regarding municipal policies, procedures, and services.
- Participate in the design of forms and the implementation of systems.
- Prepare research in the resolution of administrative, personnel or operation concerns/problems.
- Maintain up-to-date records and prepare related reports as required.
- Operate a variety of office equipment particularly computer equipment for the purpose of inputting and retrieving data and text.
- Adhere to City and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
One (1) year related government experience, is preferred.
Equivalent to the completion of two (2) years of college with major course work in public administration, business administration, political science, accounting, finance, geographic information systems, engineering, planning, or related filed.
License or Certificate:
Possession of a valid Class C California driver's license
- Good customer services practices.
- Principles and practices of public administration.
- Principles, methods, and practices of municipal finance, budgeting, and accounting.
- Research techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Computers and computer software.
- Analyze, interpret, and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and applicable software.
A City application form and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) MUST be submitted and received by the closing date. Please apply online at www.yourrialto.com. All other employment inquiries can be directed to The City of Rialto, Human Resources Department. 246 S. Willow, Rialto, CA 92376. Telephone: (909) 820-2540.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate through their application material that they meet the employment standards outlined above. All properly completed applications will be reviewed, and the most appropriately qualified individuals will be invited to continue in the selection process. Examinations for the positions may consist of any combination of written, performance, and oral exams to evaluate the applicant's skills, training, and experience for the position. Successful applicants will be placed on an eligibility list. The City may also merge lists. The selected candidate(s) must successfully complete pre-employment clearances which may include a physical, drug screen, and fingerprinting.
Veterans Preference Credit Eligibility:
Veterans of the armed forces, who have been discharged or released from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable (Government Code: 18540.4), shall receive an additional five (5) points to their final examination score for ranking purposes only. This preference will apply only to the first appointment to any regular full-time City appointment. A copy of your valid DD214 must be submitted on or before the final filing date in order to be eligible for Veterans Preference Credit. For more information, please see the City's Veteran's Preference Policy. (Download PDF reader)
The City of Rialto is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of newly hired employees in the United States.
Location: 150 S. Palm Avenue, Rialto, CA 92376
Job Type: Part-time